Help Desk Technician
Storage Strategies, Inc.
Battle Creek, MI
This position requires onsite work in Battle Creek, with flexibility to work from home at least 1 day per week.
- Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 technical support to end users via phone, email, remote session and/or onsite support as required
- Respond to tickets in ServiceNow in a timely manner and ensure resolution of all open technical issues as required
- Provide escalation of priority technical issues to next level personnel when appropriate
- Perform troubleshooting of outages, failed peripheral equipment, and system errors to include: printers, cell phones, PDAs, VDI end equipment, and laptops
- Assist users with a variety of technical issues to include: remote/telework connectivity issues and MS Office Suite errors and coordinate with custodian for equipment turn-in
- Reimaging of operating systems, upgrades to platforms, PKI and credential troubleshooting issues and other routine IT maintenance tasks required
- Evaluate state-of-the-art computer hardware and software and its application to support specific requirements and to interface with other equipment and systems
- Will require on-site travel using personal vehicle, company van, company golf cart or another motorized vehicle
- Two (2) years of relevant experience, including Windows operating systems
- Must have an Active Secret Clearance
- Must have valid state driver’s license, personal vehicle and proof of insurance.
- Must have DoD 8570 compliant IA and CE certifications to include:
- (IA) Security+, CySA+, CCNA Security, CASP, or CISA and
- (CE) 98-349 – Windows 10: Windows Operating System Fundamentals, or Certiport IT Support Specialist: Device Configuration and Management.
- Other qualifying CE certs include: MCITP, MCDST, MCITP EDST, Bomgar Remote Support Administrator, MCITP EDA, MCSA: WS2016, MCSE: WS2016, MCITP SA: WS2016, MCITP EA: WS2016, MCITP Data Base
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 50 pounds; and carry up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
SSI is a HUBZone small business that provides professional services including systems engineering, information systems integration, and technology management services. SSI offers a generous array of benefits including: Employee Medical, Vision, Dental, and Prescription Drug Insurance Plans, 60% paid premium for dependents. SSI provides Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, and Short-Term Disability benefits at no cost. SSI employees receive 24 paid days off in the first year on board. We also provide Military Leave benefits, a 401(k) Retirement Plan, education assistance, Personal Technology Refresh and Employee Referral bonuses. Positions subject to Service Contract Act (SCA) have benefits provided as required by law.