Hot Section Engineering – F135 Project Engineer Intern (Hybrid)
East Hartford, CT
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Position Role Type:Hybrid
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
The HSE F135 Component Integrated Product Team (CIPT), is searching for a highly motivated Project engineer to support the latest and greatest Production fighter jet engine program, the F135. A successful candidate will be a talented, goal oriented, focused Project Engineer who wants to be an integral part of Hot Section Engineering. Project engineers are part of an integrated product team (IPT) made up of designers, durability engineers, structures engineers as well as system analysts whose goal is to solve module level/part level technical challenges. This would require the overall coordination and leading of a multi-disciplinary engineering team to meet the technical, cost, and schedule requirements throughout the product life cycle.
- Coordinating designs (Class I & Class II Engineering Changes), fabrication (manufacturing/suppliers– vendor trips), validation (Engine Build-Test-Teardown, ACIs- Analytical Condition Inspection, FMRs- Failure Malfunction Report), and sustainment (Component Field Limits, Merlins-Field Inquiries, Deviation Requests) activities. Within the IPT framework, you would be responsible for handling tasks, leading IPTs, planning budgets (Military EV CAM) and schedules, sustaining fielded engines, resolving manufacturing issues, handling budgets, and communicating task status to the DCT Component Integrated Product Team (CIPT) and F135 Military Program.
- Today, the F135 DCT CIPT is heavily focused on solving highly visible tasks ranging from component field investigations/root cause to Class I component engineering changes, Production deliveries and Field Sustainment. Each Project Engineer is responsible for all the above relative to their component of responsibility.
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Fluent in English (verbal/written)
- Ability to apply for US Security Clearance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a consistent record of collaboration, innovation, and initiative
- A passion for learning about and pursuing a career in aviation and aerospace
- Creative problem-solving skills and adaptability in responding to new business challenges
- Eager to learn new things, contribute a fresh perspective, and share your knowledge with others
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. This means that responsibilities of the job need to be performed onsite on a regular basis.
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee’s personal responsibility.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms