Hr Business Partner III
Job SummaryGeneral Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
Do you want to be a key part of a team that is on the cutting edge of developing and operating many of the world’s highest technology system programs ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, and wireless and laser technologies? The HR Business Partner is integral to the success of these General Atomics business groups that are changing the world’s technology landscape.
In this critical role you will be responsible for organizational and employee development at various levels. You’ll also consult with employees and managers to leverage best practices in human resource management. In addition, you will have the opportunity to address the root causes of human resource challenges by resolving organizational and employee relations issues with a systematic approach. You will also participate in first-of- a-kind business support programs and initiatives to help improve efficiency and morale across the enterprise. Further, you will assist senior managers at all levels to develop sound solutions to business problems by pioneering smart organizational design and introducing fresh cultural and process-oriented perspectives. Finally, you will also play a critical role at General Atomics by helping to administer talent management and succession planning activities within the client organizations you support. The key skills and abilities that you should bring to the table include coaching, influencing, facilitating, presenting, communicating, developing processes and analyzing and solving problems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Building credibility by joining with business leaders to identify employee behaviors and performance indicators that accomplish desired results.
- Adding your experience in the proactive uses of human resource principles to drive career development, engagement, and retention efforts.
- Facilitate talent development sessions based on people topics including, but not limited to, Performance Management and the Performance Review Process.
- Developing training on HR topics for client groups and supports Leadership Development programs.
- Having a solid knowledge of Federal and State (CA) employment laws and the ability to educate business leaders and employees on these laws and apply them in handling employee issues and utilizing your knowledge of employment law, company policies, and best practices to resolve employee issues.
- Have the ability to build earn trust with leaders to diagnose root causes of performance concerns and the ability to help conduct performance management conversations and advise on progressive documentation processes.
- Partnering with talent acquisition and business leaders to interview and select candidates for key jobs and conduct salary analyses to determine candidate offers and ensure organizational equity.
- Leading the annual merit, bonus and out of cycle compensation programs for your assigned client groups and ensure a fair and consistent application as well as company equity.
- Helping make the organization better by utilizing exit interview data and other tools and data to identify trends and make recommendations to reduce turnover and improve employee engagement.
- Utilize Excel (pivot tables, vlookup, charts etc) to analyze and sort data to present actionable information for both HR and client business groups.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Human Resources, Organizational Development or a related discipline and six or more years of progressive professional experience in a Human Resources department. May substitute a certificate in human resources from a recognized organization and/or equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- The ability to identify issues and develop solutions to a variety of problems of diverse scope and complexity;
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings to a variety of audiences including senior management and senior external parties:
- Excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide all levels of employees, including senior managers and senior external parties;
- The ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information;
- The ability to initiate, plan, and manage projects;
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.