Des Moines, WA
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. Join us and Apply today!
What you will be doing
This position is based in our Des Moines, WA Distribution Center.
Under general direction of the Human Resources Business Partner, manages all human resources related functions within multiple Distribution Centers. Responsible for the planning and execution of policies and procedures relating to all phases of human resources activities in the assigned Distribution Services district. Participates as an active member of the Distribution Center’s leadership team.
- Assists the management team with all required forms and notifications for various Human Resources related information such as, new hire, terminations and salary increases
- In conjunction with the HR Advisor team, manages associate relations for both union and/or non-union associates such as disciplinary issues and termination
- Provides coaching to warehouse line leaders to support human resources management, problem solving and performance management for both union and non-union associates
- Partners with the HR Advisor team to ensure that all FMLA and other forms and communication relative to Leave of Absences are completed and provided on a timely basis in accordance with Federal and State requirements
- Partners with the Talent Acquisition team on recruiting for open positions including market labor analysis and advertising and coordinating the logistics for Job Fairs and Interview days
- Participates in the recruiting process by screening resumes, interviewing and working with hiring managers to select skilled applicants in order to fill any open positions within the distribution center
- Assists with the completion of the new hire process including offer letter, drug screening, criminal background check, new hire paperwork, and associate benefits and compensation information
- Conducts new hire orientation and open enrollment meetings as well as specific location onboarding plans
- Completes all reports / logs and associated documentation required for compliance and completion of Affirmative Action plans
- Provides training and education to associates on various compliance-related topics such as worker's compensation, affirmative action, workplace violence, sexual harassment and performance management
- Delivers targeted HR training to the facilities including leadership training, learning map training and developmental training to the warehouse associates in the facility
- Coordinates and participates in the exit interview process in order to compile measurable data relevant to turnover and attrition
- Provides local administration for various companywide programs as assigned
- Serves as a point of contact for various associate related records and files such as vacation and overtime logs, as well as Kronos time management
- Acts as communication conduit to distribution center lead team members, HR Business Partners/Senior HRBPs on HR policies and legal compliance and the potential impact at their facility
- Provides communication on changes and updates on all HR programs, policies and benefits and compensation programs
- Promotes and encourages positive working relationships with and between associates as well as external contacts; assists in organizing and managing associate events including engagement activities
- Up to 25% travel on a monthly basis required
What your background should look like
- Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor's degree program
- Normally requires a minimum of four (4) years directly related and progressively responsible experience
- Union experience preferred
- Normally requires a professional license or certificate in specialized field; Professional Human Resources (PHR) preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Effective presentation skills
- Strong training and associate relations experience
- Ability to counsel management on associate relations issues; ability to deal with sensitive information
- Ability to participate in major organizational change initiatives
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong decision making skills
- Excellent problem solving skills; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer a competitive total rewards package which includes benefits and compensation. Our commitment to our eligible population of team members includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, affordable, diverse, and designed to meet the needs of our team members’ and their families. Some of these programs include paid time off including paid parental leave, access to retirement savings vehicles, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options, an employee stock purchase program, and other financial, health, and well-being focused benefits.
Because we take a balanced, global approach to our benefits, benefit offerings may vary by location, position, and/or business unit. Some benefits are company-paid, while others are available through team member contributions. For details visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen.
*This Salary Range reflects a National Average for this job. The actual range may vary based on your locale. Ranges in Colorado/California/Washington State-specific locations may be up to 10% lower than the minimum salary range, and 12% higher than the maximum salary range.
Affiliated Companies:Affiliated Companies: AmerisourceBergen Services Corporation
Equal Employment Opportunity
AmerisourceBergen is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.
AmerisourceBergen is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities during the employment process which are consistent with legal requirements. If you wish to request an accommodation while seeking employment, please call 888.692.2272 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make accommodation determinations on a request-by-request basis. Messages and emails regarding anything other than accommodations requests will not be returnedID:uDnQdo