Manages and coordinates the company's human resources function across sub-functions such as recruitment, training and talent development, compensation and benefits, organization development, and employee relations to meet company's business requirements. This is the top human resources position for a specific location but is governed by policies and frameworks established by the corporation.
- Clovis, CA.
- Identify new external developments and / or emerging issues within an area of
- technology or business function and evaluate their potential impact on, or
- usefulness to, the organization.
- Lead the development and implementation of strategy for a significant area of
- responsibility, anticipating complex issues, challenges, and opportunities, and
- ensuring integration with wider corporate strategy.
- Develop a comprehensive policy framework for a significant area of the
- business, and oversee its implementation.
- Lead the development of HR frameworks and tools for a significant area of
- responsibility, ensuring compliance with external requirements and integration
- with the broader corporate policy framework.
- Provide authoritative specialist advice to senior managers at the business unit or
- regional level to enable the implementation of policy, projects, and change
- Develop and investigate multiple hypotheses, using a wide range of HR data to
- diagnose underlying causes of key business issues and identify opportunities to
- enhance employee engagement and/or improve business performance.
- Identify and communicate the actions needed to implement the function's
- strategy and business plan within the business area or department; explain the
- relationship to the broader organization's mission, vision and values; motivate
- people to commit to these and to doing extraordinary things to achieve local
- business goals.
- Manage budget plans for a department; could involve development or delivery
- (or both).
- Lead the detailed design, and manage the delivery of, projects within a
- transformational change program, ensuring integration with related projects; use
- structured change management methodologies to drive acceptance of change
- and to embed desired culture and behaviors.
- Specify and manage the implementation of HR data requirements for an
- important area of responsibility within the HR function to meet the organization's
- management information needs and to support key processes and procedures.
- Evaluate the capabilities of staff within the department to identify gaps and
- prioritize development activities. Implement the organization's formal
- development frameworks within the area of responsibility. Coach and mentor
- others to support the development of the organization's talent pool.
- Manage and report on performance within the department or area of responsibility; set appropriate performance objectives for direct reports and hold them accountable for achieving these; take appropriate corrective action where
- necessary to ensure the achievement of annual business objectives.
- Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information
- to effectively solve problems; offers penetrating questions to help others get to
- the heart of complex situations and find strong solutions. Uses a range of inputs
- to fully understand and solve problems.
- Applies knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the
- organization's goals; ensures that the team understands and discusses relevant
- industry changes. Gives strong messages about how people's efforts make a
- difference to the broader organization.
- Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments; measures and tracks
- team's and own performance, and helps the team learn from success, failure,
- and feedback. Adheres to, and enforces, goals, policies, and procedures.
- Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear
- understanding of the unique needs of different audiences; tailors communication
- content and style to the needs of others. Pays attention to others' input and
- perspectives, asks questions, and summarizes to confirm understanding.
- Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus
- on continuous improvement; motivates people to produce highest-quality
- outcomes and pursue continuous improvement. Sees that problems are well
- examined and improvements are integrated into all relevant work processes.
- Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational
- goals; stays focused on plans and improvises in response to changes, including
- risks and contingencies. Aligns own team's work with other workgroups'. Looks
- ahead to determine and obtain needed resources to complete plans.
- Maneuvers comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related
- organizational dynamics; builds support for ideas among key decision makers
- and stakeholders. Anticipates political difficulties and identifies ways to
- overcome any resistance.
- Builds strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to
- achieve common goals; connects with others on team projects and leverages
- their strengths and knowledge to deliver the best possible results. Champions
- the decisions of the team and operates in a way that builds team spirit.
- Uses expertise to act as organizational authority on planning, organizing,
- prioritizing and overseeing activities to efficiently meet business objectives.
- Applies expertise to act as the organizational authority on developing
- appropriate plans or performing necessary actions based on recommendations
- and requirements.
- Acts as the organizational authority and established expert on analyzing data
- trends for use in reports to help guide decision making.
- Uses expertise to act as the organizational authority on developing, monitoring,
- interpreting and understanding policies and procedures, while making sure they
- match organizational strategies and objectives.
- Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to work independently while providing
- guidance and training to others on analyzing data from multiple sources to draw
- appropriate conclusions and make suitable recommendations.
- Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to act independently while guiding
- and training others on making sure the organization develops and maintains the
- culture, values and design it needs to reach its objectives while managing
- structural change.
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and skills to work independently while
- providing guidance and training to others on reviewing and creating relevant,
- lucid and effective reports.
- Applies expertise to serve as the organizational authority on achieving full
- compliance with applicable rules and regulations in management and/or
- Acts as the organizational authority and established expert on interpreting and
- applying knowledge of laws, regulations and policies in area of expertise.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources Management, Business
- Administration, or related field preferred.
- PGT Innovations is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are
- considered for positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin,
- ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
- age, mental or physical disability, marital/family/caregiver status, genetic
- information, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other characteristic
- protected by federal, state or local low. PGT Innovations also prohibits
- harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.ID:uDnQdo