Hino Motors Manufacturing
Mineral Wells, WV
Hino Motors Manufacturing U.S.A. Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hino Motors, Ltd. (Japan) and a Toyota Group Company. For seven decades, Hino Motors, Ltd. has proudly manufactured the number one selling medium and heavy-duty truck in Japan. It also manufactures buses and diesel engines.
In the United States, Hino Motors Manufacturing U.S.A. currently has employees in 4 states including Michigan, Arkansas, West Virginia and California. The Corporate Office resides in Novi, Michigan. Hino assembles medium-duty trucks at its Mineral Wells, West Virginia plant. Its manufacturing facilities in Marion, Arkansas produces axles, knuckles and suspension components for Toyota’s Tacoma, Tundra and Sequoia. Hino’s Parts Distribution Center in Mira Loma, California supplies Latin American and Caribbean distributors with genuine Hino service parts.
We are currently seeking a Manager, Human Resources located in Mineral Wells/Williamstown, WV reporting directly to the Assistant General Manager, Human Resources. This individual will guide and manage the daily provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for the West Virginia Site for 350+ team members. Functional areas include human resources, team member relations, onboarding, administration, and timekeeping /benefits. Provides counsel to management, supervision and team members. Supports positive team member relations and contributes to overall site and company goals.
- Partner with AGM, HR to provide counsel, feedback and coaching to site management on broad ranging HR issues that impact business operations, process and all site team member- related activities.
- Manages WV HR/Administration employees and oversees day-to-day workflow of direct reports and projects within the department.
- Provide counsel to managers/employees on policy and disciplinary matters.
- Coach Managers in a variety of areas including staffing, performance management, employee development, and organizational change.
- Counsel team members in career planning, job-related issues.
- Conduct investigations of employee relations/performance issues and recommend countermeasures for resolution.
- Supports monthly Team Member communication meetings.
- Develop and track monthly HR Key Performance Indicators.
- Conduct exit interviews for WV location with quarterly reporting and analysis on turnover, continuous improvement actions and required exit processing.
- Ensuring compliance with all State and Federal Regulations in employment practices and advise management.
- Manage team member relations: addressing personnel issues, investigations, terminations/disciplinary action, providing consultation to workplace concerns.
- Comply with HR audits and compliance initiatives.
- Oversee Site Vehicle Administration program; Track and monitor company vehicle eligibility; resolve all company vehicle related issues.
- Maintain all position descriptions.
- Monitors departmental performance through data analytics and makes recommendations with deliverable actions for continuous improvement and reporting results/actions.
- Collaborates with other managers to plan, direct, and coordinate programs and projects as it relates to all HR-related elements.
- Collaborates with other managers to analyze costs, benefits, and losses of company profits.
- Track team member retention and engagement metrics with actions to improve.
- Conducts exit interviews and tracks turnover and makes recommendations for improvement, tracks actions to improve.
- Drafts, submits, and presents various performance and management reports.
- Supports team member engagement surveys and drives process to improve communications and engagement.
- Supports WV workforce planning.
- Supports all corporate compliance requirements including reporting and process improvements.
- Handles other ad hoc human resources projects as assigned.
- Manage HR budget & forecast periodic report analysis.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 7-10 years Human Resources experience required. Automotive and/or other manufacturing experience highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Human Resources, Business preferred or equivalent years of related experience)
- Master’s degree preferred (MBA or Other)
- Able to lead and manage multiple tasks
- SPHR/PHR designation preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now HRIS preferred
- Requires a working knowledge of various areas of Human Resources such as employee relations, workers' compensation, and recruitment and selection processes and team member retention
- 5~10% domestic travel