National Oilwell Varco (NOV) - We Power the Industry that Powers the World. Our Values - We are a Global Family. We are thousands of individuals, working as one team to create lasting impact for our customers, ourselves, and the communities where we live and work. We take responsibility for each other and our company’s future, knowing that personal ownership leads to broader success. We Believe in Purposeful Innovation. We see where our customers’ needs are not being met and we act. Through business innovation, product creation and service delivery, we are driven to power the industry that powers the world better. We Believe in Service Above All. We are the backbone of the oil and gas industry with a singular focus to deliver the finest products and services, on time and on budget, to push our customers’ business forward. Our Motto: Together, We Are Powerful! NOV remains committed to fostering diversity and innovation in our Team. https://www.nov.com/about/our-business-units/fiber-glass-systems
We offer a competitive benefits package starting first date of employment that includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K savings plan, paid time-off, and starting at 3 weeks of vacation!
For more specifics please visit our benefits page https://usbenefits.nov.com/
Responsible to contribute to the administration of health, safety, and environmental (HSE) programs.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interact with employees and management to ensure a clean, safe, healthy, and environmentally sound workplace exists and is maintained
- Proactively serve as an on-site resource and champion for cultural improvements related to HSE
- Assist in compliance reviews and risk assessments
- Assist with installation and rollout of HSE Management System
- Perform training for HSE elements of new employee orientation programs
- Participate in meetings and perform toolbox talks as needed
- Perform inspections required to evaluate compliance with OSHA requirements and NOV HSE standards
- Participate in incident investigations and promote incident prevention for employees and visitors
- Identify workplace hazards or unsafe working conditions and ensure appropriate action is taken
- Attend and administer HSE training as required
- Initiate work orders for repair of machinery and equipment, as needed with respect to safety and environmental requirements
- Maintain all required HSE records and ensure mandatory reporting requirements
- Assist with recordkeeping and reporting requirements associated with environmental permits, storm water permits and testing, air permits, waste disposal, and other reporting
- Additional duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- B.S. degree in a field related to HSE or science/technical discipline
- 1-3 years of prior HSE experience
- Demonstrated ability to interpret, apply and communicate Federal (specifically, CFR Titles 29 and 40), State, and local safety and environmental regulations
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to communicate and provide training for HSE related topics.
- Ability to perform administrative tasks at desk (40% of the time) and walk/stand/be present in manufacturing areas (60%) of the time.
- All tasks as outlined above.
- Effective Communication
- Team player and able to build and maintain relationships both internal and external.
- Flexible to change and open to constructive feedback.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to fully utilize Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)