Support operational compliance to Federal, State & local regulations, conformance to customer requirements and internal HSE Management System requirements.
Apply risk-based thinking to facilitate proactive identification of hazards and management of HSE risk.
Respond to HSE-related incidents, ensuring internal reporting, root cause analysis, and corrective action implementation.
Assist in the development of hazard control designs, methods, procedures, and programs.
Implement and facilitate training programs specific to site and customer requirements.
Measure, audit, and evaluate, the effectiveness of hazard control and safety programs.
Analyze HSE trends and develop action plans with Ops Leaders to support continuous improvement of HSE performance.
Develop and deliver HSE-related reports, presentations, and/or training as requested.
Assists in incident investigations, HSE inspections, audits, and hazard assessments.
Participate in working groups for HSE systems improvement and special projects.
Participate as a member of the Utilities Segment HSE community and drive standardization across assigned region.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Occupational Health, Safety, Environmental Science, or related discipline.
- 3-5 years of industry relevant HSE experience required, e.g., Telecom, Gas Utilities, Specialty Boring, Heavy Civil / Electrical.
- Detailed understanding of Federal, State, and local regulatory requirements.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, strong relationship builder, solid influencing and negotiation skills, and the ability to coach front-line operations personnel.
- Must be able to work with a diverse interdisciplinary team to develop improved work processes.
- Experience supporting multiple projects concurrently.
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word, and Windows Operating Systems
- Able to travel on short notice and up to 70% (subject to change).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, experience and be able to explain or demonstrate (with or without reasonable accommodations) that the essential functions of this role can be performed as expected.
- Knowledge of HSE-related legislation, relevant Acts, Regulations, Standards, industry recommended practices, procedures, and management systems.
- Knowledge of telecommunications and construction industry practices, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of risk management principles.
- Knowledge of facility inspection, incident investigation, and various root cause analysis methods.
- Knowledge of training and learning principles.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Skill in using computers and related software applications.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Skill in identifying HSE risk, hazards, trends, and conducting investigations.
- Skill in developing and facilitating training sessions and delivering presentations.
- Ability to distinguish leading and lagging performance indicators.
- Ability to handle conflict in uncertain situations.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to deliver effective presentations and training in-person and in a virtual setting.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with employees, agency representatives, and the public.
- Experience developing and implementing Enterprise-level HSE programs and procedural requirements.
- Experience assessing and auditing compliance with HSE Management System requirements.
- Experience coordinating or leading investigations and performing root cause analysis.
- Experience with Incident Management System or Enterprise Risk Management software.
- Experience with Intelex, SAP, Power BI, or similar data systems.
- Exceptional business acumen, writing skills, and verbal communication ability.
- Experience applying Lean Six Sigma principles in an operational environment.
- Expertise in technical/professional writing.
- Have or working towards professional certifications, e.g., CSP, CIH, CHMM, REM, CUSP, Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification.
UTILITIES SEGMENT OVERVIEW:
As a trusted partner in the electrical and telecommunications construction industry, we provide a wide range of construction services including electrical transmission, distribution, substations, and fiber optic cable installation. Our commitment to customers starts with a comprehensive Zero Tolerance Safety Policy. With our extensive range of energy and electrical construction services under one roof, we can assure safety, streamline production, monitor quality, and consistently add value to every part of any project.
- Paid Time-Off
- Paid Holidays
- Company Vehicle
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance/Long Term Disability/Short Term Disability
- 401(k) with Company Match
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Third Party Agency Notice:
Primoris will not accept any unsolicited resumes from any third-party recruiting agencies either domestic or international. Primoris nor its subsidiaries will be responsible for any fees from the use of any unsolicited resumes either through our ATS or via electronic mail systems from any agency representative or agency consultant unless your firm is an approved vendor partner with a current executed agreement.