HTS Intern – Data Analyst
Hearst Communications, Inc.
Hearst Technology Services, a unit of Hearst Corporation, is a cohesive team of best-in-class talent that’s responsible for supporting the Hearst Corporation.
Are you a computer or data science student interested in learning what happens behind the doors of a diverse global enterprise? Hearst Corporation, a major consumer and business media company operating in the US and globally, is offering a 10-week paid summer Technology Internship, where technology interns will work across the wide range of systems, technology, processes, and workflows that help to solve complex business problems.
At Hearst, there are unlimited ways to use your talent to make a difference. We inform communities. We elevate voices. We help institutions achieve their potential. Our businesses focus on creating engaging content and providing trusted information and technology solutions. Innovation has sustained us for more than 135 years – we believe in embracing change, and we empower individuals and businesses to achieve their highest potential.
Hearst Technology Internship Program is for students with technology and/or data science skills who are enrolled full-time pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an applicable field (computer science, engineering or a related technical field) with at least one remaining semester of school left after completion of the internship. Hearst technology interns work within one of our Hearst businesses and collaborate with the technology teams to solve real-world technology problems and gain exposure to Hearst’s businesses.
What you’ll learn:
We are looking for an intern to join our team as a Data Analyst. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. The intern will be responsible for managing internal analytic data as well as writing user facing knowledge articles. The intern will work on building informative dashboards to inform our internal decision and our customers.
Job Activities and Responsibilities:
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Great interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Experience working in an enterprise-level IT organization
- Strong Office 365 experience
- Assist with our internal AI chatbot
- BS or equivalent work experience
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical field.
- Must have at least one additional quarter/semester of school remaining following the completion of the internship
- One year of programming experience in any contemporary language
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of computer science fundamentals, including data structures and algorithms
- Team player with the ability to work effectively and efficiently with others
- Strong communicator, able to present complex ideas through writing, using diagrams and verbally
- Commitment to putting quality first and delivering quality solutions
- Be a self-starter, possess a strong sense of self-motivation, and ability to quickly learn new technologies
Nice To have:
- Knowledge Centric Solutions Certification (KCS v6)
- Knowledge of Service Now
- Knowledge of Tableau
- Azure AD experience
- PowerBI experience
- Experience with automation and AI platforms (ie moveworks)
- Technical writing experience
Hearst is a leading global, diversified media, information and services company with more than 360 businesses. Its major interests include ownership in cable television networks such as A&E, HISTORY, Lifetime and ESPN; global financial services leader Fitch Group; Hearst Health, a group of medical information and services businesses; transportation assets including CAMP Systems International, a major provider of software-as-a-service solutions for managing maintenance of jets and helicopters; 33 television stations such as WCVB-TV in Boston and KCRA-TV in Sacramento, California, which reach a combined 19% of U.S. viewers; newspapers such as the Houston Chronicle, San Francisco Chronicle and Times Union (Albany, New York); more than 300 magazines around the world, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Men's Health and Car and Driver, and digital services businesses such as iCrossing and KUBRA; and investments in emerging digital entertainment companies such as Complex Networks.
In accordance with applicable law, Hearst is required to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role if hired in New York City. The reasonable estimate, if hired in New York City, is $20/Hour. Please note this information is specific to those hired in New York City. If this role is open to candidates outside of New York City, the salary range would be aligned to that specific location. A final decision on the successful candidate’s starting salary will be based on a number of permissible, non-discriminatory factors, including but not limited to skills and experience, training, certifications, and education. Hearst provides a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and paid time off, employee assistance programs, and more.
Hearst is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. Hearst does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Follow us on Twitter @Hearst. To learn more about Hearst, visit hearst.com.