Human Resources Coordinator
Buckeye Partners, LP
Founded in 1886, Buckeye Partners, L.P. has a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating under a strong set of values, and empowering our employees to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
It is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies. Our goal is to provide our employees with a greater span of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate, and be a significant contributor from their first day on the job.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking a Human Resources Coordinator with Recruitment or Human Resources support experience to join our team!
The Human Resources Coordinator is an integral part of the Buckeye Partners, L.P. Talent Team from a pre-employment and onboarding and systems administrations perspective. This individual will also be involved in many other aspects of the Human Resources department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Pre-employment. Coordinate and manage the pre-employment process from initiation through new hire clearance. This includes background check processing, medical-physicals and drug testing. Responsible for verifying responses in the background investigation system and maintaining required trackers. Preparing offers as approproatie.
- Coordinate and manage the onboarding process from pre-employment through the I9 process.
- Candidate & Hiring Manager Experience. Provide high quality, responsive experience to candidates and hiring managers throughout the recruitment, pre-employment and onboarding process.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining all recruitment-related documents within the appropriate repositories including the CRM, ATS, electronic files and manual files such as employment inquiries, employment applications, skills testing, new hire folders, background check authorization forms, recruitment marketing materials, etc.
- Special Projects: Support in talent projects as needed including the early careers program, recurit military events, career branding projects and employee programs such as the Buckeye Scholarship and Buckideas initiative.
- Invoicing & Payments. Accountable to ensure timely set up of new HR and Talent vendors through the Accounting processes. Responsible for proper coding and execution of HR and Talent related invoices. Responsible for overseeing the payroll administration for all employee referrals and sign on bonuses.
- Employee Referral Program. Responsible for the management of the employee referral program. Duties include monitoring and responding to inquiries to dedicated e-mail in-boxes. Direct interested parties to applicable resources and provide support as needed. Submission of referral payment to payroll based on eligibility.
- PTC Processing & Audits. Oversee the PTC historic form process as well as annual PTC audits.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a business or office environment with a human resources and/or talent acquisition/recruitment emphasis
- Must have strong knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the the HR function
- Experience with applicant tracking systems
- Experience with data analytics and reporting.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office required (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Travel: 10%
Certificates & Licenses:
- None required
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
- To be successful in this position, incumbent must possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Incumbent must exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal and external customers and in handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Superior customer service, communications skills and attention to detail in all interactions with clients, vendors and colleagues
- Solid track record of setting high standards of performance; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks
- Proven ability to utilize appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with internal/ external customers, business partners, and colleagues
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Has the ability to work in dynamic and constantly changing work environment
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to problem solve and work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated adaptability and flexibility in the workplace
- Strong team player who demonstrates interest and ability in contributing to the recruiting team success
- Incumbent must have ability to work at a desk for extended periods of time.
- Incumbent must have ability to work with filing system. Occasional lifting of archive boxes (+/- 20 lbs) is required.
- This position requires the ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and or/quantitative productivity standards.
- This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- This position requires compliance with all personnel policies.
Physical & Safety Requirements:
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- The employee is frequently required to effectively communicate with others.
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You must be able to work independently. You must also be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal clients and external counterparties (customers, vendors, etc.), as well as when handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of our employees and results in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business and one of the nation’s largest independent petroleum products pipeline transportation and terminalling service provider; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP on the following website: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm