Human Resources Coordinator
Polytek Development Corp.
Polytek Development Corp is seeking an HR generalist to support our HR department in ensuring smooth and efficient business operations. At Polytek we understand that our business thrives when our personnel thrive, and that starts by hiring the right HR professionals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with plant management to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Assisting to plan and administer important functions, such as staffing, employee relations and benefits.
- Manages all pre-employment activities.
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form (where applicable).
- Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, and organizing team building activities.
- Ensure compliance with labor regulations.
- Conducts new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to leave of absence; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the Human Resources Director.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- 10% Travel (as requested).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Talk, hear and vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- 1 - 3 years of human resource experience preferred.
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- SHRM-CP a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with the HR and Payroll team.
- Excellent interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.