Human Resources Generalist (bilingual in Spanish)
Contech Medical, a UFP Technologies company, is a global leader in the design, development, and manufacture of class III medical device packaging primarily for catheters and guidewires. Our experience in packaging, assembly and distribution encompasses multiple continents and the largest medical device companies in the world.
The site Human Resources (HR) Generalist will perform the HR functions to support the Providence, RI facility. The incumbent will report directly to the Plant Manager with a dotted line to the Corporate Human Resources Vice President. They are responsible for disseminating all Corporate HR initiatives and programs. The HR Generalist will perform related duties at the site level and may carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: payroll, employment and staffing, onboarding, training and development, employee relations, affirmative action, employee engagement / recognition, and compensation / incentive programs, as well as may play a role in safety. The HR Generalist may also assist Corporate HR with projects or other duties.
Human Resources (HR) Generalists' Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes payroll for 100+ employees and manages time and attendance.
- Assists Corporate Talent Acquisition Recruiter coordinating and conducting the full cycle recruiting process for the site (i.e., posting jobs internally and externally, attending job fairs, partnerships with local colleges, scheduling interviews, interviewing candidates, initiating background screens, setting up pre-employment drug screens, and generating and sending offer letters) as well as works with the hiring managers on onboarding new hires.
- Conducts new employee orientations to ensure that employees gain an understanding of the company’s policies, procedures, benefit plans, and enrollment provisions.
- Partners with local staffing agencies to obtain the best rate for the site for purchased staffing needs.
- Advises, counsels, and provides feedback to managers and employees on performance management and employee relations issues to constructively resolve problems.
- Assists in ensuring company policies and practices are compliant with federal, state, and local employment laws and procedures, including record keeping, policy statements, non-discriminatory practices, regulation compliance, etc.
- With the guidance of Corporate HR, monitors the day-to-day implementation of policies concerning wages, hours and working conditions.
- Works with management to create development plans and identify training resources to ensure employee training and development needs are met.
- Implements and maintains employee engagement, recognition, and morale programs. Oversees the corporate service award program for the site.
- Maintains the personnel files and other employment and training records.
- Coordinates with corporate HR on all involuntary terminations prior to termination. Ensures proper documentation and ensures processing of termination is completed in proper time frame.
- Oversees attendance policy enforcement and tracking, i.e., generates attendance reports & guides supervisors with disciplinary actions.
- Assists with benefit questions/issues and partners with corporate benefits department on health care and various leaves of absence to ensure accurate recordkeeping and compliance with applicable state, federal and local regulations.
- Serves as an extension of the corporate HR team during the annual open enrollment process by distributing materials and assisting with the effective communication of benefit plans and changes.
- Maintains affirmative action program data for site and collaborates with Corporate on AAP requirements and reporting.
- Oversees workers compensation administration; i.e. management of claims and return to work.
- Responds to employment verification requests.
- Responds and represents the site for unemployment claims.
- Researches opportunities to promote the site with the local and state resources and associations (i.e. the local Chamber of Commerce, state grants, etc.).
Human Resources (HR) Generalists' Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3 to 5 years HR Generalist experience.
- Payroll experience using Paylocity and/or ADP WFN is preferred.
- HR Professional Certification preferred, i.e., SHRM CP.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of HRIS systems (ADP, Harpers, Time & Attendance Software)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office skills (Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus.
To apply for this job please create a profile with us through our online application system. Click the "Apply" box in the upper right hand corner to start the application process. Or, if you already have a social media account with LinkedIn, Google, or Facebook you can use your log in credentials to apply.
Contech, a UFP Technologies company, is an Equal Opportunity employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.