Human Resources Intern
Spokane Valley, WA
Wagstaff manufactures equipment for aluminum producers, who process formed aluminum into parts and products you use every day.
As an employee of Wagstaff, you’ll enjoy:
Monthly, site-wide BBQs
Up to 8% retirement contribution
1200 Sqft onsite gym, accessible 24/hrs a day
Family friendly, company-wide events
Want to learn more about Wagstaff? Join us for a virtual tour! https://www.careerexplorenw.org/fieldtrip?tour=Wagstaff
Primary duty is to work under the daily direction of and assist the Human Resource Representatives in the HR department with HR administrative functions, including personnel file maintenance, recruiting, onboarding, compliance, reporting, and activity planning.
Pay Range: $16.50 - $18.50 per hour, depending on experiene
- Help maintain and organize HR department Business Records in paper or electronic formats as directed
- Check and distribute mail from HR mailbox on a daily basis
- Help maintain personnel files, including scanning of documents and data entry as directed
- Assist with benefits and wellness administrative tasks
- Track and complete initial review of new employee background checks
- Process performance evaluations as directed
- Assist with interviews and new employee orientation
- Assist in administering and marketing the Wagstaff Wellness Your Way program and events
- Provide back up to the Administrative Support Specialist to print, fold, and deliver packets to work center areas
- Assist in coordinating the company events
- Abide by company policies
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management
- Current enrollment in a college program seeking a Human Resources degree or related business field
- Basic knowledge of applicable Federal, State and Local laws and regulations related to the Human Resources function including, but not limited to FLSA, ADA, Civil Rights Act of 1964 and FMLA
- Ability to maintain composure, professionalism and a high level of confidentiality at all times
- Detail-oriented, organized, accurate, and thorough
- Familiarity with clerical practices, office procedures, and automated equipment
- Familiarity in the use of applicable business software
While performing the duties of this job, work is performed primarily in an adequately lit, well ventilated, climate controlled general office environment. Close computer work is regularly required. The work usually involves minimal physical exertion. The noise level in the general office environment is usually moderate.
This job may require occasional or more frequent interaction with employees on the manufacturing shop floor. While on the shop floor, the employee may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risks of moving equipment and parts, and other risks associated with a manufacturing environment. Because of this environment and associated risks, coordination with shop floor managers/employees may be necessary before entering the shop floor, and use of job appropriate personal protective equipment and clothing is required on the shop floor. The noise level on the shop floor is often loud.
Employment at Wagstaff is dependent on successfully passing a company-paid drug screening and background check upon hire. Benefits eligibility is subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable policies, plans and programs of Wagstaff.
Wagstaff, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.