Human Resources Intern
Lane Christensen Co.
Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Develop and apply key soft skills such as networking, professional skills development and presenting to ensure fully-rounded professional development.
- Participate in or observe a variety of administrative, human resources and office support functions to ensure daily operations run efficiently and professionally.
- Assist, support, and partner with management regarding programs and policies in all areas of Human Resources to ensure alignment and support of all HR objectives.
- Draft, process, edit, and distribute a wide variety of information, (presentations, correspondence, reports, procedures, policies, etc.) some of which will be highly confidential and sensitive in nature, to ensure timely and accurate communications.
- Assist with audits, new program rollouts, EEO compliance, etc. to ensure align with the company’s strategic initiatives.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings (including meeting invites, agendas, materials, food/refreshment, meeting minutes), handles travel arrangements and maintains calendar to ensure deadlines are met.
- Comply, understand, and promote corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
- Currently an undergraduate junior or senior enrolled in a full-time academic program from an accredited college or university with a related major during the period of the internship.
- A recent college graduate with a related major, such as Human Resources, Business, Journalism, Advertising, Marketing, Communications, or related minor is a plus.
- Human Resources and/or Project Management experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Strong knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the field of human resources.
- Excellent consultative and communication skills (written & oral) and ability to interface effectively with all levels of customers (internal and external) and effectively disseminate information.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly MS Excel and PowerPoint, and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Ability to properly manage and prioritize resources and projects.
- Sound decision making ability with the experience to balance consensus against authority as appropriate.
- Team player who can operate effectively within a matrix management environment.
- Ability to work in high production environment and respond quickly and effectively under pressure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment
- Ability and willingness to abide by the Company’s Code of Conduct
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive
- Ability to travel, some overnight, as required
- Work visa sponsorship is not available for this position, including CPT/OPT
Our Benefits at a Glance:
In addition to building the next generation of builders, Granite invests in its interns by providing them access to a broad benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, flexible spending plans, as well as special programs for musculoskeletal health, mental wellness, and more.
Interns may choose from two PPO medical plans through Anthem BlueCross, including our most popular plan, for which 100% of the premium is paid by Granite for eligible interns.
We invest in the future of our interns by providing them with access to Granite’s 401(k) plan where they are eligible for Granite’s 100% employer match on the first 6% of eligible compensation that they defer into their 401(k) plan.
Benefits may vary for positions located outside of the continental United States.
Base Hourly Wage Range :Hourly: $18.00 $25.00
Pay may vary based upon relevant experience, skills, location, and education among other factors.
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.
Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.