Human Resources Manager – Hybrid
Sun Chemical Corp.
About the Organization
Sun Chemical, a member of the DIC Group, is a leading producer of packaging and graphic solutions, color and display technologies, functional products, electronic materials, and products for the automotive and healthcare industries. Together with DIC, Sun Chemical is continuously working to promote and develop sustainable solutions to exceed customer expectations and better the world around us. With combined annual sales of more than $8.5 billion and 22,000+ employees worldwide, the DIC Group companies support a diverse collection of global customers.
Sun Chemical Corporation is a subsidiary of Sun Chemical Group Coöperatief U.A., the Netherlands, and is headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey, U.S.A. For more information, please visit our website at www.sunchemical.com or connect with us on LinkedIn or Twitter.
Human Resources Manager (Hybrid)
This role is based in Northlake, IL; and will have the opportunity to work a hybrid schedule (in our Northlake office and remotely).
- Serves as the strategic HR partner to the business. Leverages HR consulting skills to help business clients achieve key business objectives and increase the effectiveness of their organization.
- Balances short term needs / tactics with long term strategies; calibrates needs of the North America Packaging and Graphics Commercial organization with the broader global business.
- Aligns human resources initiatives and resources to deliver against business strategies and operational plans.
- In partnership with the leadership team, develops and implements a talent plan that ensures the organization has the right talent to deliver on commitments, ensuring consistent team performance and a sustainable talent bench.
- Brings thought leadership and experience to change management initiatives.
- Responsible for the quality and responsiveness of the overall delivery of all HR services for the respective client group.
- Establishes, builds and maintains strong relationships with key HR partners to ensure elements of HR are successfully coordinated to meet and exceed business needs.
- Working with the Talent Management CoE, manages the talent acquisition / development / retention process. Collaborates with managers/leaders to understand skills and competencies required for openings. Helps leaders build and manage development plans and a strategic workforce plan.
- Partners with the Compensation CoE to analyze trends; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Leverages learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Keeps up with trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k)+match and life insurance. Eligibility of benefit timing may vary.
- 10+ years of HR Business Partner experience in roles of progressively increasing scope and in matrixed organizations
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field is required, Master’s preferred
- Experience in a strategic HR role with executive-level interface and influence
- Advanced knowledge of Sales Compensation design and best practices
- Significant depth in Workforce Planning, Organizational Design and Talent Management
- Experience with HRIS - SAP/SuccessFactors, or similar global HRIS platforms
- Excellent active listening skills that encourage employee trust
- Professional and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 10-20% travel expected
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is Sun’s policy that applicants for employment are recruited, selected, and hired on the basis of individual merit and ability with respect to the position being filled. Sun prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identify, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by applicable law.