Human Resources Specialist
Road Machinery & Supplies Co. is searching for a Human Resources professional to join its team at their Savage, MN headquarter location. We are a ~350 employee family-owned company that represents some of the most respected construction equipment brands in the world. Our rapidly expanding business offers the flexibility for creative and innovative thinking along with personal and professional growth opportunities.
This role will report to the Director of Corporate Services and will be the primary resource for employee inquiries involving Human Resources and Benefits administration including accountability for the general day-to-day operations of human resources, payroll accuracy, and benefits. This individual will serve as a consultant to management on human resources related topics. Creative thinking will be required and encouraged to assess and resolve some of our HR related needs and development of employees across multiple business units and locations.
As a member of the team, you will enjoy:
- Work Culture – RMS is family-owned and treats their team members right. RMS values long term relationships with our customers, vendors, and each other.
- Career Opportunities – Experience a career with the support and encouragement to develop yourself and others.
- Competitive Compensation Packages – Based on experience and other factors.
- Full Benefits Package – Including medical, dental, life, 401(k), and vacation.
- Stability and Reputation – RMS has been in business for over 97 years and continues to grow.
- Provide advice and coaching to employees and management on a variety of Human Resource issues.
- Administer the employee benefit program and manage the insurance renewal process and open enrollment meetings.
- Proactively partners with management to successfully integrate company values and mission with business objectives to improve engagement, workplace relationships and collaboration, and boost productivity and retention.
- Manage the grievance and discipline process and advising management staff on performance management issues.
- Schedule and facilitate the new employee welcome orientation including new hire paperwork and processes.
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and written, including explaining complex information clearly and concisely and mediating disputes. The ability to listen to all parties, determine credibility, weigh facts, and analyze information to prepare sound recommendations (good problem-solving skills).
- Strong Organizational Skills such as effective time management, establishing priorities, detail orientation, and determination to effectively follow through with tasks and duties. (Must have strong multi-tasking skills.)
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or history of hands-on experience in a human resource role.
- Experience working with ADP Work Force Now.
- Strong computer skills (MS 365) and project management skills.
- Experience working with labor union agreements is a plus.
- Strong business acumen with interpersonal, influencing, and communication skills.
- Able to work responsibly, safely, and intelligently.
- Have the desire to take action, improve, and be appreciative.
- Possess the capability to effectively engage with co-workers and vendors in a respectful manner.
About Road Machinery & Supplies Co.
Road Machinery & Supplies Co. is a distributor of construction and mining equipment with sales and support operations throughout the Upper Midwest. RMS is a multiline dealer, representing the best brands of construction equipment in the industry, including Komatsu, KPI-JCI, Epiroc, Sennebogen, Gomaco, LeeBoy, Roadtec, and Bomag.
At Road Machinery & Supplies Co. we understand our customers depend on our expertise, performance, and commitment to avoid downtime, lost production, and cost over-runs. Our employees are committed to providing the services, technical support, and product solutions that let our customers complete their projects on schedule and within budget, allowing their businesses to thrive. Equal Opportunity Employer.