HVAC Lab Technician – In House
Fulton Thermal Corp.
Fulton is a private multi-national group of companies headquartered in beautiful Pulaski, NY, USA. Our founder, Lewis Palm, was a pioneer in the engineering of steam boilers and associated equipment for the laundry and dry-cleaning markets, he invented the first Vertical Tubeless Boiler in 1949. With our expansion of products and knowledge throughout the years, we are well known in many applications of your daily life including but not limited to, food processing, pharmaceutical, education, gas processing, laundry, dry cleaning, healthcare, and government / military.
Fulton researches, engineers, manufactures, sells, and services complex thermal fluid, steam, and hydronic equipment along with engineered systems for a wide range of commercial and industrial applications. We strive for energy efficiencies, global impact, and environmental responsibility. Fulton has served as an industry leader of emerging heat transfer technologies for more than 70 years!
Our culture thrives on the HEART values of the company and puts pride in our people. We encourage continued training and learning to grow you and your career with Fulton.
Honesty and Integrity
Effective and Results Oriented
Always customer focused
Respectful and considerate
Benefits: At Fulton we value our employees and therefore offer competitive compensation, onsite fitness club, retirement plan, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, voluntary disability insurance, voluntary life insurance, employee assistance program, vacation time, paid holidays, profit share bonus.
Are you sick of traveling and being on the road everyday? Would you like to work a normal Monday-Friday day shift? If so, our In House HVAC Lab technician would be the perfect opportunity for you!
The Research Development & Engineering HVAC laboratory technician is responsible for setup, testing, documentation and reporting of experiments performed on preproduction and experimental systems. Also will provide feedback to others on the team to highlight important findings and ways to improve.
In addition, the position requires a high level of initiative when it comes to building up a HVACR lab facility and procedures.
In House Lab technicians will need to work as an integral part of a team with the ultimate goal of designing, testing, and releasing new systems using heat pumping products to market.
- Perform build up, instrumentation, experimentation on test rigs and prototypes
- Attention to detail working with parts or components that require special care in handling or pose safety risks
- Use independent judgment and thought processes to complete tasks
- Knowledgeable with vapor compression test equipment and products.
- Document and communicate test results with a high level of detail and organization
- Create testing procedures and application of continuous improvement
Trouble shooting and problem solving
- Able to solve a wide variety of issues (i.e. leaks, durability failures, electrical, and controls)
- Utilizes experience, documentation and problem solving to identify problem sources and applies corrections
- Act as a good teammate in the lab and actively participate group initiatives
- Is responsible for all other duties as assigned that support the work that makes the lab highly productive
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Certifications and Required Experience):Required:
- 2 years experience as a HVAC technician
- Completion of a HVAC hands-on training program
- Understanding of electrical and controls systems
- Demonstrates critical thinking and problem solving to provide insight into system issues before problems develop
- Familiarity with a wide variety of HVACR tools and test equipment
- Ability to work independently and safely
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- EPA 608 Universal Certification
- North American Technician Excellence Certification
DEMONSTRATED CRITICAL COMPETENCIES:
- Communication – Ability to ensure information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Ability to express oneself clearly in conversation and interaction with others. Ability to express oneself clearly in business writing.
- Conceptual Thinking– The ability to find effective solutions by taking a holistic, abstract, or theoretical perspective.
- Forward Thinking– The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepare for possible contingencies.
- Initiative – Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- Development and Continual Learning– Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement.
- Results Oriented- The ability to focus on a desired result, setting challenging goals, focus effort on the goals, meeting or exceeding the goals.
- Standing– The body is supported by legs and feet for extended periods of time.
- Sitting – The body is supported by buttocks and back and employee needs to remain seated for extended periods of time.
- Medium Work –Walking and standing may be required more than 50% of the day.
- Travel – Work requires travel by walking on foot, car or airplane and may include extended periods of walking or sitting.