HVAC System Design Engineer
Heat Transfer Sales
Do you understand HVAC technical concepts easily? Are you a great communicator? Do you value developing relationships with your customers? Do you like the idea of working with a team of people who adhere to a set of core values that drives business forward?
We may have a position for you.
- Create preliminary selections for project design layout
- Work with design team to fit equipment with loads and other project constraints
- Interactive design development work with sales and project owners
- Interactive equipment application work with multiple manufacturers
- Develop equipment and accessory cost packages for sales
- Create design submittal packages
- Manage and organize project documentation including submittals, quality assurance documents, manufacturer's order documentation
- Review and confirm sales orders
- Provide regular customer updates on equipment deliveries
- Manage and respond to issues during installation and commissioning of equipment
- Manage project close out documentation
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree preferred but not required
- Mechanical HVAC system design experience or mechanical HVAC design coursework
- Construction experience
- Highly developed interpersonal and analytical skills.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable.
- Strong time management skills.
- Sincere desire to help others.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and within a team with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Must possess a personal need to consistently produce accurate and thorough results.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Proven problem solving, leadership and listening skills.
- Product and vendor knowledge (or the ability to quickly learn it).
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple task.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Normal office environment
- Moderate lifting may be required to move equipment, files and supplies
- Flexibility to work outside of normal office hours to ensure task are completed
- Standing: Frequently
- Walking: Frequently
- Sitting: Frequently
- Handling/Fingering: Frequently
- Bending: Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling 12 lbs or less: Frequently
- Lifting/Carrying 10 lbs or less: Frequently
- Lifting/Carrying 11-20 lbs: Occasionally
- Reaching Outward: Occasionally
- Reaching Above Shoulder: Occasionally
- Squatting/Kneeling: Occasionally
This job description is intended to provide information regarding the essential functions and basic duties of this position. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and duties that could be assigned. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by management as it deems appropriate. This document does not constitute a contract and is subject to change at the discretion of Hoffman & Hoffman.