JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you’ve got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you’re looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
HVAC Technician Controls Specialist
Pay: 70,000.00 – 83,000.00
The position is focused on support of HVAC building automation systems (BAS). The role will directly interface with field teams to provide technical support, training, repairs, and guidance on BAS issues encountered by the teams. Additionally, this position will have the responsibility of performing various quality control checks on BAS repairs performed by internal teams and external contractors; provide root cause analysis and make recommendations to remedy issues, travel to local sites to make repairs, conduct inspections/audits of sites to improve building operational and energy efficiency. The position responsibilities will include hands on repairs and maintenance of building HVAC systems
- Perform Daily start-up controls review of all HVAC conditions for each facility throughout the portfolio
- Collect system trouble information from the field teams, analyze the technical difficulties, and report out on findings
- Provide hands on repairs to systems and train field team members in various aspects of BAS operation, repair, and system maintenance.
- Identify, recommend, and implement changes to BAS throughout the portfolio to improve energy efficiency.
- Interface with field teams to make adjustments and changes to BAS for comfort and air quality within the environmental and energy parameters of the client.
- Perform predictive and preventative maintenance, analyzing and creating predictive trends to make proper adjustments in advance of tenant complaints.
- Support vendors on preventive and repair activities that cannot be performed in house. This includes on-site support, proposal request development, and vendor proposal review
- Perform emergency or preventative maintenance repairs off hours as directed on nights and weekends as needed.
- Where necessary, record readings and make adjustments to ensure proper operation of equipment.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Trade school degree or certificate in mechanical, electrical, or controls disciplines
- Three years of commercial HVAC building operating experience, experience preferred
- Good writing & communication skills
- Ability to read HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and architectural drawings
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools and perform electric, plumbing and carpentry tasks
- Ability to use Windows based computers
- Possess Universal CFC License Preferred
Location:On-site –Charlotte, NC
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Personalized benefits that support personal well-being and growth:
JLL recognizes the impact that the workplace can have on your wellness, so we offer a supportive culture and comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes mental, physical and emotional health. Some of these benefits may include:
401(k) plan with matching company contributions
Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Care
Paid parental leave at 100% of salary
Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
Flexible and Remote Work Arrangements may be available
About JLL –
For over 200 years, JLL (NYSE: JLL), a leading global commercial real estate and investment management company, has helped clients buy, build, occupy, manage and invest in a variety of commercial, industrial, hotel, residential and retail properties. A Fortune 500 company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion and operations in over 80 countries around the world, our more than 103,000 employees bring the power of a global platform combined with local expertise. Driven by our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world, we help our clients, people and communities SEE A BRIGHTER WAY. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you’ll be asked to provide proof that you’re fully vaccinated upon your start date. You’re considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.ID:uDnQdo