EMCOR Facilities Services has an immediate opening for a HVAC Technician in Orlando, FL with 3-5 years of experience. The Technician will report daily to the EMCOR Site Leader and support them to provide quality workmanship and high work standards to maintain a professional working environment.
Job Title: HVAC Technician
Primary responsibilities will be responding and providing service & feedback to the customer on all hot and cold calls while utilizing Building Automation Controls (BAS) and performing general maintenance of equipment as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge of and capable to perform minor plumbing, mechanical, electrical and various general tasks assigned for a large industrial and business aerospace campus. Willing to work snow removal duties as assigned, which may include shoveling, salting, or plowing of assigned areas. Be available during off hours for response to emergencies or snow removal duties.
- Communicates effectively with Site Leader and Facility Manager to determine service needs. Coordinates and supervise client sub-contractors while performing service on site.
- HVAC maintenance and repair skills. PM, troubleshoot and repair of all HVAC equipment.
- Building automation monitoring and adjustments.
- Respond to Hot & Cold area temperature complaints and make adjustments and repairs.
- Performs a wide variety of corrective maintenance work request along with various general maintenance type tasks and special projects which may require general skills in plumbing, painting and other maintenance problems and requests.
- Assist the team in maintaining, operating and troubleshooting the HVAC heating, ventilating, air conditioning, heat exchangers, chillers, air handling units.
- HS diploma or Degree/Certification, or equivalent professional experience in Landscaping, Trades (Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, etc), or Specialty Floor Care, preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of experience related to HVAC facility maintenance.
Valid US driver’s license; must be able to operate a company vehicle.
EPA approved CFC certification is required, Journeyman license a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization.
- Ability to perform various general type maintenance tasks. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence utilizing basic computer skills and ability to communicate via email and internet use.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills. Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of chiller operations (centrifugal) and various HVAC equipment
- Must have BAS (Building Automation System) experience and working knowledge of energy management systems
- Knowledge of chilled water systems, heating systems, boilers, fan coil units, pumps and ability to perform preventive maintenance on HVAC controls and operating systems as scheduled.
- Organization skills to maintain the client facility maintenance records and reports.
Time management skills to coordinate and supervise the sub-contractors while on site and manage to complete the daily tasks assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
- EPA Universal
- Must possess applicable certifications, licenses, and valid driver's license in good standing
Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Frequently is required to climb or balance. Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is considered normal. Required to drive a company vehicle daily.
Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR’s normal application process – it is probably fraudulent.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled