Hydraulic Specialist I (First Shift)
Gregory Poole Equipment Co.
The primary function of this position is to troubleshoot, repair, rebuild, hydraulic cylinder parts & to restore equipment to proper operation.
- Make the necessary preparations to perform work/repairs and comply with PPE requirements.
- Use pallet jacks, lift trucks, overhead cranes, & other aides to lift or move parts into position to be repaired.
- Installs, replaces, re-builds, repairs, & tests parts/equipment.
- Pressure washes & repaints components.
- Use miscellaneous resources and computers to reference parts, get information about parts & enter data into record systems.
- Use tools to disassemble/re assemble parts or equipment; lifts/carries parts; cleans parts with rags, cleaners, power washer; uses test equipment to make diagnostic checks; and controls powered equipment or tools to make repairs.
- Use overhead hoists, lift devices, forklifts & other aides to move items out of trucks to locations for disassembly, repair, & reassembly.
- Use powered equipment to do necessary grinding, honing, boring, drilling, & polishing, &, make replacement parts or refurbish parts before re-assembly, reassembles & tests units, & paints finished units.
Must have a high school education or GED.
Six years of experience with at least two years of experience on Cat or other similar equipment
Must be able to daily and repeatedly stoop, kneel, bend and climb besides, onto and underneath various equipment to perform diagnosis and repairs. Must be able to effectively see to perform repairs, research technical manuals, and develop written repair work order reports. Must be able to routinely and physically lift/position various parts to perform repairs/service and manually handle parts up to 90 pounds, as well as use mechanical hoist for heavier parts.
Must be able to effectively write repair activities on customer work orders. Must have cognitive reasoning and problem-solving skills to apply knowledge, written information and verbal instructions in repairing/servicing unusual and/or unknown technical equipment operational problems. Should have exposure to P.C. base equipment and parts information
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties. Any major modification of this job role requires Human Resources approval.