Hydrographer – Marine
Fugro USA Land
The Fugro Hydrography Service line conduct seabed mapping from the coastline and hazardous shallow water to full ocean depths using a suite of hydrographic surveying technologies, including satellite imagery, airborne lidar bathymetry (ALB), and acoustic sensors. Our advanced technologies can be used independently or combined based on your project requirements and are operated by our global network of qualified hydrographic surveyors. Supporting nautical charting, cable route surveys, and coastal zone management, our surveys accelerate the acquisition of high-quality hydrographic data.
The Hydrographer is responsible for conducting Hydrographic surveys in accordance with project requirements and company procedures via the direction of a Lead Hydrographer or Project Manager. Will perform and/or supervise
the installation and calibration, if applicable, of any and all survey equipment required for a particular project. Will operate all applicable equipment utilized on a project. Will perform data processing, charting and reporting of
collected data into the deliverables required. Will be responsible for the quality control of the collected data at time of acquisition, during processing and subsequent creation of deliverables.
- Lead by example and place Quality, Health & Safety, Security, and the protection of the Environment as core values while never intentionally placing employees, our processes, customers, or the communities in which we live and work at risk.
- Configure and operate data acquisition and data processing software, including but not limited to WinFrog, Qinsy, Qimera, FMGT, CARIS, Global Mapper, and POSPac.
- Configure and operate data acquisition and data processing hardware, including but not limited to Single and Multibeam echosounder systems, Side Scan Sonar, POS M/V (A/V), PCs, velocimeters, tide gauges, winches, LiDAR systems.
- Monitor data quality during acquisition and processing efforts and keep the Supervisor Manager advised of any issues requiring additional assistance.
- Responsible for logs and record keeping.
- Maintain accurate version control of all data and/or deliverables.
- Responsible for survey specific calibrations including but not limited to single and multibeam echosounders, motion reference units and gyros, utilizing Fugro procedures, client requirements and/or best practice.
- Assist with or plan project operations for the safest approach with maximum efficiency utilizing given assets.
- Assist with or complete, if applicable, the Daily Progress Report, for submittal to the Project Manager each day during field operations.
- Assist with the coordination of logistics, spares or replacements of equipment as well as consumable when required.
- Track and direct backup of all raw and processed data complete with logs.
- Authorized to work in the United States, without restrictions.
- Possess the ability to obtain a valid passport for international travel.
- Posses a BS/BA in Survey/Geomatic Engineering or related field.
- Have 1 or more years’ experience conducting hydrographic.
- surveys, including some multi-beam experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to spot irregularities and data quality issues during the data acquisition process.
- Have MS Word, Excel, and Access; Internet software, E-mail; Windows operating systems; Geographic.
- conversion software, ArcGIS/ArcPro, AutoCAD, MicroStation experience.
- Knowledge of hydrographic data analytical tools (e.g. Caris, HIPS/SIPS)
- Knowledge of procedures for enabling StarFix GPS service and conducting confidence checks.
What’s in it for you?
At Fugro, our people are our number one priority and central to our purpose to create a safe and livable world. Our values set the foundation for our unique culture: we are determined to deliver, we prepare for tomorrow, we do what’s right, and we build trust. Our talent philosophy is seeded by our values and fueled by a passion for learning, developing leadership behaviors, transparency, and accountability.
Fugro offers opportunities to sharpen skills and provide career growth through on-the-job learning experiences, LinkedIn Learning access, business and technical training, and leadership development programs.
We value the mental, physical, and financial health of our employees and their families and offer a variety of flexible work models. Fugro USA’s comprehensive benefits package also ensures you have choices that fit your needs at any life stage.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or email@example.com.