Ice Cream Filler Operator – 2nd Shift
Dairy Farmers of America
- The Ice Cream Filler Operator is responsible for ensuring optimum quality products through the operation of the filler of various product families following regulatory standards, ensuring the product is clean and sterile.
- Clean, set-up, operate and monitor equipment of the production line.
- Operates freezer and ingredients distribution feeder.
- Complete all required documentation and scheduled quality checks.
- Monitor weights, seals, caps, and general packaging of product.
- Make adjustments to filler timing and filling, & check mat as needed.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic to moderate operating difficulties.
- Collect required samples needed for Quality Assurance testing.
- Ensure that the proper packaging materials are used for each product being produced.
- Will have working knowledge and experience with labeler operations; watching for jams and effectively threading wrap to prevent downtime due to error.
- Perform filler and filler line changeovers in a safe and efficient manner.
- Complete cleaning checklist once line has completed run.
- Prepare equipment for next run to include size changes as needed.
- Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information.
- Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
- Analyze process data and equipment performance data to improve quality, throughput, and troubleshoot.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
- Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.