Ice Cream Operator 1 (Full-time, Union)
Tillamook County Creamery Association
Ice Cream Operator 1
Come join the Tillamook Team where our philosophy is “Dairy Done Right.” As an independent farmer-owned cooperative, we have been guided by good, honest values since 1909. We believe in putting quality over profit, natural over artificial, and that hard work can never be outsmarted. We’re taking a stand for real food, because everyone deserves better.
What you will do:
The Ice Cream Sanitation person works at the last stages of the ice cream manufacturing line, cleaning and sanitizes machines and work areas. The position sets machines back up for ice cream making operation after cleaning and sanitation is complete.
Here’s a day in the life:
- Clean, inspect, and sanitize ice cream mix making areas and machines
- Metal detector and pasteurization machine operation and monitoring
- Production line set-up, tear down, and palletizing of ice cream cartons
- Master Sanitation duties including cleaning, clean-in-place (CIP), and sanitizing procedures
- Looks up, reads, and understands Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Follows sanitation schedule
- Other duties as assigned by Manager, Supervisor, and/or Ice Cream Sanitation Leads
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Motivation to work full-time
- 1+ year of manufacturing experience strongly desired
- Knowledge of food manufacturing sanitation practices preferred
- Basic knowledge of computer applications including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Must be able to operate and data-entry in specialized databases
- Ability to read and comprehend simple, short, documented instructions and memos
- Must be a team player with the ability to communicate effectively to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, supervisors, and regulatory bodies
- Must be able to prioritize, multi-task, and work independently
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety variable and/or ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute, rate, ratio, and percent from instructions.\Must be able to obtain upon hire Forklift, Pallet Jack, and Man Lift Certifications, as well as a Pasteurization License. Training available
- Repetitive motion of hands and lifting up to 60 pounds
- Occasional lifting moving product, supplies, tools, parts and equipment
- Standing raising and lowering 60# from/to a height of 54". A 15 W" step is to be used, for height and to stabilize load
- Standing raising and lowering 60#
- Occasional lifting moving tools, parts and equipment
- Standing lifting from 6"and carrying 60# 6 feet
- Must be able to work with allergens i.e., nuts, eggs, milk, etc.
- Willingness to work in freezer environment as low as -20 degrees on production floor or in a warehouse environment. Cold storage gear will be provided
- Must be able to work graveyard shifts, including weekends and holidays
Industry leading benefit and reward programs:
We offer outstanding benefits to our employees. For more information, please visit the careers page: www.tillamook.com/careers.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture and inclusive conditions where all employees are heard, valued and feel a sense of belonging. We rely on different perspectives, thoughts, backgrounds and cultures to inform our work, to help us be better as a brand and as an employer and to fuel our success. We are seeking talent from a wide range of diversity, perspectives and backgrounds to join our exceptional organization and help us build our future.
Tillamook County Creamery Association (TCCA) is a Drug-Free Workplace. EEO/AID:uDnQdo