Inbound Freight Analyst
The PendaForm Co.
At Kruger Family Industries, parent company of Penda Corporation and TriEnda Holdings, our passion is to bring great products to life through an exceptional area of thermoformed solutions. It starts with who we are and is reinforced in everything we deliver. We are the North America leader in heavy gauge thermoformed plastics. We are committed to delivering highly engineered, high quality material handling products and automotive accessories that reduce the weight and cost of traditional composite, fiberglass, wood and metal products, making this an opportunity to work in an innovative environment during an exciting growth phase. KFI is adding to their team in preparation to meet strategic growth plans for 2023!
Person is responsible for the primary daily coordination of Inbound shipping activities for all KFI Plants. Includes arrangement of shipments with customers, vendors, carriers, 3PLs, create associated shipping documents, daily communication with carriers, customers, Sales, and Warehouse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for coordinating inbound freight for all the KFI Plant locations.
- Work with Vendors on inbound freight. Identify plant needs to determine optimum freight mode (truckload, intermodal, less-than-truckload, partial, etc.) based off agreed upon criteria (e.g., Plant requirements and service standards, etc.) and cost per unit.
- Must be knowledgeable about Plant requirements, and dynamically verify that KFI Departments and Vendors comply with the Vendor routing requirements.
- Must be able to determine the different modes of transportation and the ability to determine NFMC Classifications for accurate shipping.
- Update NMFC Classifications in ERP system as needed.
- Monthly monitoring of Vendor Compliance, issuing corrective actions and debits to Vendors who do not comply.
- Provide training to Vendors and Internal Departments on Vendor Routings, different modes of shipping, and PO consolidation for cost effective shipping.
- Coordinate daily shipping activities with Vendors and Carriers. Understanding the dock time constraints; organize with the Vendors to assure shipments are scheduled timely and efficiently.
- Coordinate inbound shipments with vendors, ensuring proper modes, carriers, accounts, and necessary documentation while maintaining cost effectiveness and within lead-times. Communicate any delays, changes or concerns regarding shipments internally to the appropriate departments or individuals documenting as necessary.
- Coordinate with Third Party Logistic (3PL) companies, either OEM designated or our direct partners, to process shipments, to quote traffic lanes, track shipments or expedite issues. Be able to successfully access, and make required inputs as required, to various 3PL and freight carrier web-based programs.
- Organize and evaluate information on freight carrier performance, recommending changes or updates to carriers used based on data.
- Reporting tasks required are evaluation of shipping damages, freight carrier failures, daily on order, and others as may be requested.
- Manage 3rd party Distribution warehouse to ensure right parts are at the warehouse when needed based on customer demands. Entering and Receiving Transfer orders in the ERP system.
- Have a thorough understanding of all ERP Traffic and related Logistics applications along with their relationships to other applications (e.g., Purchase orders). Maintain proper functioning of all Traffic and Logistics applications by inputting correct information/parameters as required. Identify improvement opportunities, submit requests, and participate in implementation. Maintain traffic scheduling with the aid of ERP.
- Understand, and apply, software to optimize multi-stop truckloads (e.g., PC*Miler).
- Responsible for coordinating all submitted Traffic Requests and Return Authorizations, requesting all needed information to process. Provide submitter, and other departments, with costs, timing, and details associated with requests as applicable.
- Individual must be fully competent, and cross-trained, to back up the Traffic and Logistics Coordinators as needed and designated.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school along with two years direct traffic/distribution experience; or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
- Has the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Has the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Has the ability to organize information and coordinate activities to ensure efficient and cost-effective shipments. Individual must be able to operate a PC utilizing current software to create correspondence, create/analyze spreadsheets, and write reports. Individual must have the ability to operate appropriate applications in the corporation’s business planning computer system. Individual must have the ability to function successfully on business teams.
The physical demands described in this section are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, talk, walk, hear, reach with hands and arms, stoop and bend. The employee must seldom lift and/or move more than 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
WORK AVAILABLITY AND TRAVEL
Must have the ability to work all shift schedules, periodic overtime and be available for periodic weekend work. Travel requirements: <10%
KFI is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This is a direct-hire opportunity with KFI. KFI is interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.