Collaboration drives Nordson’s success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson MEDICAL designs, engineers and manufactures complex devices and components with applications in wound healing, surgical and minimally invasive, fluid management, pulmonology and interventional and structural heart. Our pioneering Advanced Polymers team was the first to manufacture and supply medical balloons to the medical device industry. Nordson MEDICAL works with doctors, start-ups and large medical companies around the world at any point in the product lifecycle, from concept to launch and beyond.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Process Purchase Requests to purchase indirect goods and servers.
- Manage suppliers for indirect materials and services, including but not limited to CapEx, MRO, R&D sample parts and services, establishing & maintaining quality, service and cost benchmarks. Make purchasing decisions in accordance with standard work and from preferred suppliers.
- Support Global Category Manager in divisional spend analysis and implementation of Indirect Spend Strategy.
- Analyze and review purchase orders for accuracy and completion.
- Support purchasing activities including data gathering, preparing quote/proposal packages (RFQ/RFP), evaluating quotes, making supplier recommendations, and executing contracts.
- Works with Engineering teams on new projects and quoting new materials and may assist in auditing new suppliers as required.
- Assures that problems relating to delivery, quality or pricing are promptly conveyed to suppliers and resolved in a timely manner, escalating to Leadership for support when appropriate.
- Accurately file all required documentation.
- Obtain competitive pricing/new sources for materials that do not have a preferred supplier with a Total Cost of Ownership view (Line Item Price, Rebates, Early Payment Discounts).
- Maintain an efficient and accurate system for monitoring all open purchase orders.
- Maintain strict confidentiality with all purchasing information and programs.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to provide requested goods and services and identify strategic sourcing opportunities.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal customers while supporting office and productions needs.
- Monitor supplier performance by ensuring that products and services are delivered as scheduled and meet specifications; maintaining appropriate files and records of meetings with suppliers to ensure suppliers are aware
- Report on shortages, spending metrics, and vendor performance as assigned.
- Coordinate and monitor the supply of consumables to production locations and identify high consumption to support material cost reduction programs.
- Works to simplify indirect purchasing function through Vendor-Management Inventory or other processes that minimizes the organization’s resources, cost and risk
- Takes an owner mindset and constantly negotiates price and delivery. Drive cost reduction initiatives through vendor negotiation and selection.
- May lead projects to optimize purchasing function as assigned.
- Responds timely to all requests
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system required.
- Prior experience implementing inventory strategies such as Kanban and Reorder Point preferred.
- Prior experience consolidating Indirect spend and implementing Vendor Managed Inventory preferred.
- APICS certification (CSCP or CPIM), CPP or CPM certification preferred/willingness to pursue professional accreditation.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Strong negotiation, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and high degree of accuracy and detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to work effectively with all levels of employees, suppliers, and customers.
- Ability to influence, negotiate and drive changes.
- Proficient with MS Office applications: Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Work well under deadlines.
- Ability to work with little direct daily supervision.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to look at a computer screen, reports and other documents. The employee is regularly required to use their hands on a computer keyboard or a calculator. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear and interact with other employees. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
#LI-NS1Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.Third party recruiters and agencies should not contact employees of Nordson or its subsidiaries directly. Any resumes sent to a hiring manager or submitted to Nordson employees are considered unsolicited and property of Nordson. Nordson will not pay a placement fee unless the agency or recruiter has a signed contract with Nordson’s Human Resources department in advance of submitting a candidate for consideration. Verbal and written approvals will not be considered a valid contract for service. ID:uDnQdo