Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always welcome.
Job Requisition #:023160 Industrial Electrician (Open)
- Ensures reliability of machinery and equipment by completing preventive maintenance on machinery and systems.
- Performs tasks including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, PLC, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of equipment.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals, diagrams, sketches, engineering specifications, and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Uses hand tools and measuring instruments to determine changes in dimensional requirements of parts.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices, using hand and power tools.
- Adheres to all plant safety policies. Participates in plant-wide safety, housekeeping, Operational Excellence, and Lean Manufacturing programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Typically possesses a high school diploma (or equivalent) and 1-2 years of relevant experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates ability to operate machines, hand-tools and electrical equipment.
- Possesses an operational knowledge of automated industrial machinery, and hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Demonstrates ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings and work orders.
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills with practical, mechanical, and electrical aptitude.
- Possesses basic troubleshooting experience and proven skills in machine repair.
- Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow directions and work well in a team.
- Welding, machining and fabrication experience a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and other relevant software.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read Greif’s Equal Opportunity Policy.