Industrial Engineer (LEAN)
We welcome you to join Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove as an Sr. Industrial Engineer (LEAN) in our Madison location.
Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove the leading manufacturer of luxury kitchen appliances is a longstanding, family-owned company in the Madison area. Icons of design and paragons of performance and quality, Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove are the refrigeration, cooking, and dishwashing specialists found in world’s most luxurious homes. We look for team members who are driven by innovation and excellence, striving to serve our customers by doing what is right—with integrity, teamwork, and accountability.
This position will work within our manufacturing engineering team focusing on new product development (NPD) projects.
Growth and development are important aspects of this position. Whether you aspire to be a leader or a technical expert, this position will set you up for success in the future.
Lead Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing process:
- Maximize Manufacturing process Quality and Output
- Process Flow Diagrams and Visual Management
- Value Stream Mapping – Gap analysis
Kaizen and Continuous Improvement
- Prioritize department opportunities.
- Implement methods and line balance improvements.
- Lead cross functional improvement initiatives.
- Drive implementation of cost savings ideas
- Train Production and Technical support on applicable equipment/processes documentation
- Investigate and resolve Quality Non-Conformances
- Time studies and manufacturing cell layout improvements
- Create and implement efficient workstation and work cell layouts for optimal use of manpower and floor space to support the New Product Development (NPD) project.
- Be present for all NPD builds and provide support in the assembly process
- Provide assembly engineering input, with focus on process and industrial engineering methodologies, as a member of the Manufacturing Engineering team.
- Develop assembly process management tools to support manpower calculation, line balancing, time studies, and work instruction creation/maintenance.
- Identify and develop training initiatives for industrial engineers throughout the organization.
- Analyze failure rates, failure modes, and failure mechanisms to support robust process and project solutions (PFMEA).
- Work with Business Unit to execute control plans and provide continuous maintenance and validation to plans.
- MES support for process improvement and production layouts/facilities/requests.
- Opportunities to lead and develop technicians or engineers.