Industrial Engineer (Onsite)
Country:United States of America
Location:PW715: Asheville Site W Asheville Greenfield Site TBD , Asheville, NC, 28803 USA
Position Role Type:Unspecified
Pratt & Whitney is working to, once again, transform the future of flight—designing, building, and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country, or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
The Core Industrial Engineering team functions as the IE “homeroom” at Pratt & Whitney. We work to create the methods and standards for our Industrial Engineering teams to follow, as well as develop and lead initiatives across the company to improve operations, assembly, test, etc. As part of this team, you will be working across Pratt & Whitney to strengthen the Industrial Engineering discipline and deepen our use of IE and lean manufacturing methodologies.
- Lead implementation and iteration of enterprise-wide improvement initiatives
- Work cross-functionally to imbed Industrial Engineering tools and processes in manufacturing or assembly facilities
- Study product requirements and determine capital equipment and labor staffing to meet requirements
- Conduct machine capacity analysis and identify/manage improvement initiatives to increase efficiency (OEE)
- Conduct labor capacity analysis and identify/manage improvement initiatives to increase efficiency (OLE)
- Develop methods to increase productivity, maximize efficiency and manage human capital more effectively
- Recommend capital investment strategy to meet product delivery and cost targets
- Evaluate the effects of schedule and product design changes
- Design layouts of equipment and workspace and improving process flow
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 3+ years of prior relevant experience in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing or Systems Engineering, or Operations improvement
U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are authorized to access information under this program/contract.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly processes
- Data mining & manipulation experience with Excel, VBA, SQL, other methods
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our engines.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and TermsID:uDnQdo