Lucifer Lighting Co.
San Antonio, TX
Lucifer Lighting Company is a privately held San Antonio-based designer and manufacturer of precision-engineered architectural lighting fixtures. You’ll find our products everywhere from SF MOMA to the Nike Headquarters. We’re in the campuses of 4 of the 5 largest tech companies and 5 of the top 10 tallest towers in the U.S. Our customers are the world’s leading architects and designers who look for minimalist industrial design and place a premium on service, quality, and innovation. Our people make magic happen; we are passionate, smart, hard-working, committed, and creative.
Lucifer Lighting has an amazing opportunity for a driven, solutions-oriented, and lean centric Industrial Engineer. The Industrial Engineer will lead lean continuous improvement projects on both existing and new processes. This will include performing process audits, time studies of existing assembly build processes, and will involve designing and creating new assembly fixtures, tools, and testers. Your pursuit of driving efficiency and continuous improvements along with a collaborative spirit with other departments to save the company time in production and overall costs are imperative skillsets that will drive your success!
As a Full-time employee, you will enjoy our “best-in-class” benefits program with career advancement opportunities. We have an incredible benefits package that includes health insurance and 401K Plan matching contributions; and generous paid time off that also includes 10 paid holidays as well as the entire last week of the year!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs process audits, time studies, and line balancing of assembly build processes.
- Create or update assembly processes work instructions as needed.
- Evaluate manufacturing assembly processes and practices and identify those needing improvements.
- Optimize material conveyance and inventory processes.
- Utilize Lean tools and methodologies to eliminate waste and maximize company value streams.
- Utilize Six Sigma tools and methodologies to reduce variation and defect rates across the company.
- Assist Manufacturing Engineers with actions required for new product introductions.
- Designs and specifies fixtures, tools and testers needed to achieve manufacturing goals.
- Facilitate Kaizen events to achieve the company’s goals.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of Six Sigma and Lean tools (PDCA, DMAIC, DMADV, A3, 8D, Fishbone Diagram, SIPOC, Kaizen, 5 Whys)
- Knowledge on Lean Manufacturing Concepts including the 8 wastes,
- Understanding of work measurement techniques such as MOST, time study and motion, Standard Time Data, Work Sampling, etc.
- Lean and Six Sigma Training
- Analyze and optimize workflow of resources associated with production processes.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite to include Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability in analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of staff from hourly workers to company executives.
- Experience using Solid Works, Infor, Salesforce software packages.
- Experience working in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical, Electromechanical/Mechatronics engineering from an accredited college.
- Two years or more experience working for a manufacturer in a lean centric role.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Five years of more experience working for a manufacturer in a lean centric role.
- Experience advancing a manufacturing companies lean journey.
- Lean/Six Sigma manufacturing certification.
- Smoke free workplace
- Must have COVID-19 vaccine or agree to be vaccinated
Lucifer Lighting Company is an equal opportunity employer.