Industrial Engineering Summer Intern
Aladdin Temp-Rite, LLC
Aladdin Temp-Rite designs, manufactures and sells meal-delivery systems, equipment and tray top supplies for the foodservice industry. We’ve been the recognized leader in healthcare foodservice for more than 50 years.
You’ll find our products in thousands of hospitals and healthcare facilities throughout North America and beyond. Our engineering, product design, manufacturing, and support teams are all based in our 350,000 sq. ft. HQ and manufacturing facility in Hendersonville, TN.
Aladdin employees will always be first to help healthcare providers improve their mission of caring for others. With innovations in new products and technology, combined with made-in-America quality and exceptional customer service, our commitment to creating a difference goes beyond just a business philosophy. We’re dedicated to helping people in need.
Summer Intern will work with the Industrial Engineers as well as various departments within the Operations and Engineering groups. The intern will support individual engineers and departmental projects in a wide range of responsibilities to improve plant efficiencies and generate cost savings. The internship is designed to enable the intern to gain corporate industrial engineering experience as well as assist the company to manage day-to-day operations, projects and support documents.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist staff engineers in 5-S projects to improve results in all areas of the plant.
- Work with the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) platform supporting automation processes in manufacturing, supply chain and procurement.
- Review and audit Bill of Materials (BOM) to manage inventory quantities.
- Design and improve part identification methods.
- Perform industrial time studies to determine best methods and generate cost savings.
- Work with staff engineers to review and improve product flow layout.
Skills and Abilities
- A strong creative who relishes attention to detail.
- Organized self-starter with excellent time management.
- Brings new ideas to the table through creative problem-solving.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Currently upper-level (Junior or Senior) Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering student in good standing, Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs and other software literacy strongly desired.
Internship is onsite in Hendersonville TN. Housing allowance is not provided.
Aladdin Temp-Rite provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.