Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Genesis Energy LP
Green River, WY
Why Join Genesis Alkali?
- Highly competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Medical, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, Vision, Flexible Spending (Medical and Dependent Care) and Health Savings Accounts, and Pre-paid Legal, beginning first day of employment; company funds a portion of HSA. Retirement
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan for Salaried employees, company makes Safe Harbor matching contributions (fully vested) of 100% up to the first 5% of eligible pay you contribute; additionally, Company makes discretionary contributions up to 5% of eligible pay in the first quarter of the following year (three-year vesting requirement).
- Pension for Hourly Union employees
- Opportunity to participate in a 401(k) savings plan. The company does not provide a matching contribution for pension eligible employees.
- Tuition reimbursement programs are available to qualifying employees for approved programs.
- Subsidized transportation to our plant from Green River, Rock Springs, and the Bridger Valley.
Position Title:Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Location: Green River, WY
We need to add skilled electricians to maintain equipment in our underground mine and/or maintain one of our many surface operation processing plants. Our electricians are some of the best in the business and play a key part in Genesis Alkali's mission to deliver quality products in a safe environment. Electricians are responsible for the installation, testing, and repair of all types of electrical equipment used in our mining and chemical manufacturing processes. This equipment includes but is not limited to: a variety of instrumentation and automatic controls, motors and motor control systems, VFDs, relays, control valves, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Distributed Control Systems (DCS), and power distribution equipment such as transformers, circuit breakers, and switchgear.
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain electrical systems to keep production running safely and reliably
- Install, troubleshoot, and perform maintenance on a variety of instrumentation and control systems
- Provide constant evaluation of equipment condition and acceptable standards for electrical maintenance
- Perform maintenance, upgrades, and repairs on power generating equipment and distribution systems
- Ensure compliance with relevant company health & safety policies and procedures as well as government regulations
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate degree/certificate in an electrical discipline from an accredited college/university with at least 1 year of industrial experience.
- OR a Wyoming Journeyman license.
- OR High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution with 3 years of verifiable experience in heavy industrial electrical maintenance and repair (i.e. mining and milling, oil and gas, power and utilities, and manufacturing).
- Passing score on Physical Abilities Test (PAT).
- Background checks including employment and education verification are conducted.
- Underground Mine Maintenance experience is preferred.
- Strong preference for those living within a reasonable distance and willing to commute daily.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate significant knowledge in their field. We follow a progressive process which includes a personality assessment, written testing, hands-on testing, and interviews.
You must have a valid e-mail address, as e-mail will be the only form of communication for these positions. We encourage you to check your e-mail regularly for updates. Applications can be accepted on-line ONLY.