Industrial Maintenance Field Service Technician
Empirical Foods, Inc.
Garden City, KS
Join the future of food!
At our company we strive for continuous improvement, not only in our processes, but in our people. High quality employees allow us to remain on the leading edge of innovation. With you, we make things better!
The Field Service Technician will assist with all mechanical and electrical functions that pertain to the implementation and support of equipment and process changes for customers and empirical facilities. Travel to customer sites and other empirical facilities is required.
- Develop and maintain effective customer relationships to build a level of trust and to grow our business relationship. Will travel to customer site to address customer needs and optimize processes.
- Assist with projects and tasks associated with the installation of new test systems. Assist with implementation of equipment and instrumentation related to the projects assigned.
- Assist with mechanical and process observation, fact finding, communication of results, and recommend improvements or alterations.
- Repair, service, adjust, and test equipment and production equipment such as air systems, electrical wiring, electrical assemblies, and hardware.
- Assemble and disassemble equipment effectively and efficiently while maintaining high maintenance and safety standards. Assemble wires and electrical components as well as install electrical assemblies and hardware.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with other employees to improve execution of tasks. As experience is gained, share information to enhance the skills of others.
- Will utilize both hand and power tools effectively while maintaining high maintenance and safety standards.
- May operate forklifts, hoists, and other heavy equipment.
- May support customers after hours, taking calls and working through issues or scheduling technicians, if needed.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read drawings, schematic diagrams, and electrical code.
- Above average electrical and electronic experience.
- Reasonable mechanical experience in servicing precision machine parts.
- General knowledge of computers and software is preferred.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees and customers as necessary, both in verbal and written form.
- Strong analytical and evaluative skills to troubleshoot various precision equipment.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 60lbs.
- This position requires walking, standing, twisting, reaching, bending, climbing, and lifting.
- Required to travel.
- Must maintain a valid, unexpired driver’s license, pass a motor vehicle record check, and always remain insurable through the company insurance program.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, including weekends.
Experience:1 year or more of related industrial electrical mechanical work experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred. A previous supervisory or leadership role is preferred.
Education: HighSchool diploma, an equivalent, or verifiable ability to perform essential job functions. 2-year vocational school in electrical mechanical related field or equivalent is preferred.
Reports to (if applicable): Field Service Coordinator
Our company is known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The company prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required.