Industrial Maintenance Supervisor – $ Sign-on Bonus Eligible $
Join us in creating a sustainable future and becoming a protector of tomorrow!
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the overall direction and effective coordination of the Maintenance Department's activities. This position assures that work is properly planned, budgeted, and executed in a safe, cost effective, and timely manner, to ensure reliable and efficient plant operations. The position reports to the Facility Manager.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Own and lead day to day maintenance activities and work with the Maintenance leaders to drive plant maintenance improvements (process, system utilization – ALM, execution and quality) and advance preventative maintenance and reliability programs. Ensure Outage planning and execution is being managed as well as own the site Long-term maintenance plan (LTMP).
- Ensures all maintenance activities and repairs are performed in a safe manner and conform to all applicable Company's safety and environmental policies as well as Federal, State NERC and local regulations.
- Provides daily direction to department mechanics and electrical/instrumentation technicians with regard to the work plans based upon operational priority changes or challenges that arise and bring about their resolution.
- Plans and coordinates plant maintenance activities, as required, to maximize plant availability. This includes long-term planning, scheduling, and strategic development of all maintenance activities on boilers, turbines, and associated plant equipment.
- Assists and becomes proficient with outage management including coordination of maintenance activities during unscheduled forced outages or scheduled outages and ensures tasks are completed according to established schedules.
- Directs personnel in outage planning and scheduling of maintenance to assure thorough investigation of each request, determining material needs and other prerequisites such as equipment/tools needed, workforce requirements, and procedures required.
- Independently manages the Plant's work order system, work order back logs and monitors and oversees preventative/predictive maintenance activities at the plant to ensure operational excellence.
- Oversees warehouse and manages spare parts inventory to ensure adequate inventory levels
- Responsible for full cycle budgeting, forecasting and mitigating unforeseen risks to ensure fiscal performance is maintained of the Maintenance P&L
- Collaboration & Promotion of Procurement Strategic Initiatives
- Implements and drives continuous improvement activities through implementation of change management processes and best practices. Create an environment that empowers employees to drive change and improve systems.
- Develops procedures and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs) for maintenance tasks
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with human resources, general administration and policy implementation issues.
Required Experience and Abilities:
- High School Diploma
- The successful candidate will have 7-10 years of relevant experience, ideally in a manufacturing, power plant, or chemical industry environment
- Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering Degree preferred but not required
- Ability to drive risk based decisions and own budget activities for Maintenance
- Ability to work in Dynamic environment
- Focuses on using data and metrics for reporting.
- Strong organization, leadership, time management, ownership of repair and preventative maintenance projects, team player, able to delegate, positive personality, maintain clean workplace.
- Focused on Continuous Improvement.
- Skilled in Excel, PPT Maintenance system proficient (MMM, ALM, Experion, Etc.)
- Experience with maintenance of gas and/or steam turbine generators, rotating equipment, and electronic controls and monitoring devices.
- Has a good working knowledge of power plant electrical instrumentation and control systems
- Experience maintaining and repairing power boilers and piping systems.
- Experience writing contractor work scopes and bid packages for maintenance repairs.
- Capable of writing maintenance procedures, work requests, and purchase requisitions.
- Ability to read process and instrumentation, piping, electrical elementary and interconnection diagrams of plant equipment
- Aptitude to identify root causes of issues and make sound business decision
- Orientated toward working in a competitive environment.
- Vast understanding of O&M and capital budgeting.
- Working knowledge of safety, environmental, and labor laws and regulations.
- Excellent leadership and communications skills
- Proven managerial/supervisory experience
- Ability to work rotating shifts, weekends, extended hours, be on call during off time and can work prolonged periods during facility outages to support the operation of the facility.
You must be legally authorized to work in the country where this job is located and not require any sponsorship assistance from Covanta.
Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf). Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.ID:uDnQdo