Industrial Refrigeration (Ammonia) Service Technician
We are looking for service technicians who are driven to provide the highest quality service, safety and professionalism to their customers. We truly are a Total Solutions Provider in the markets we serve!
At Stellar, you will receive the training and support from an organization with greatest amount of refrigeration knowledge in the industry; starting with your local service manager through regional engineering and corporate safety. All Stellar service technicians are CIRO Certified or on a path for CIRO certification.
Stellar prides itself on providing the highest level of Customer and Employee satisfaction and are looking for like-minded individuals to join our team!
- Responsible for refrigeration repair and maintenance support to industrial accounts in the food and beverage, refrigerated storage, pharmaceutical, and gas processing industries
- Perform routine and emergency service on Ammonia and Freon refrigeration equipment commonly found in industrial applications. This includes a working knowledge of screw and reciprocal compressors, electrical troubleshooting all common types of ammonia central systems & control/alarm systems
- Demonstrate an understanding and adherence to all work safety policies, procedures and governing requirements
- Ability to work unsupervised or with limited instruction
- Maintain and manage truck inventory and / or job tool boxes in an accurate, neat and orderly manner as well as adhere to vehicle maintenance program guidelines (If applicable)
- RETA 1&2 certifications a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive work experience in ammonia refrigeration service
- Valid Driver's license and a safe driving record
- Physically able to climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift objects up to fifty pounds
- Must be able to pass physical examination and Respirator Fit Testing
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, detail oriented and highly motivated
- Minimum 1-2 years field experience
- Available to travel 25%
- Availability to be on call nights and/or weekends as required
- Basic computer skills (electronic documentation)
Physical job requirements:
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; vibration; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Stellar offers a comprehensive package which includes:
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Remote & hybrid work options for many positions
- Paid Time Off – accrue 15 days (120 hours) within first year of service
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Tax-advantaged accounts (HSA, FSA, Dependent Care FSA)
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- 401(k) – company match with immediate vesting
Stellar, headquartered in Jacksonville, FL, is a fully integrated firm focusing on design, construction, architecture, engineering, and mechanical services worldwide for over 30 years. Stellar combines a multitude of capabilities to create buildings and systems of exceptional long-term quality, value and efficiency. From food processing plants and healthcare facilities to refrigerated warehouses, automated production lines and beyond, we offer an integrated approach to meet all our clients’ needs.
Stellar is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicants for employment based on their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, uniformed servicemember status, or any other status protected by law.