Industrial Stock/Shipping Clerk
Sargent Aerospace & Defense
Santa Ana, CA
RBC Bearings Incorporated (NYSE: RBC/RBCP) is a leading international manufacturer of highly engineered precision bearings, components and essential systems for the industrial, defense and aerospace industries. Founded in 1919, the Company is primarily focused on producing highly technical and/or regulated bearing products and components requiring sophisticated design, testing and manufacturing capabilities for the diversified industrial, aerospace and defense markets. We currently have 56 facilities, of which 37 are manufacturing facilities in ten countries and our market capitalization is approximately $6.2 billion.
We are current looking for a Stockroom/Shipping Clerks to physically receive, store, issue unfinished goods and perform necessary transactions in AS400.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Accurately perform inventory transactions as required for incoming unfinished goods.
- Accurately pull product for Production Work Orders in a timely manner.
- Accurately package and stock incoming or remaining component parts in valid stock locations in a timely manner.
- Effectively communicate with peers and management.
- Effectively meet all deadlines and job metrics (zero to issue every day) or notify manager of possible gaps.
- Effectively and efficiently deliver pulled Production Work orders with parts to departments noted on Production work orders in a timely manner.
- Maintain inventory accuracy through cycle count functions as directed and in accordance with Company Policy. (SOX)
- Ability to follow departmental processes for pulling and stocking component parts.
- Ability to properly use hand trucks, pallet jacks, and/or forklifts as required.
- Ability to accomplish tasks within a set timeline.
- Have a strong sense of urgency with the ability to understand and proceed with work instructions given.
- Work in other areas as assigned.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job function. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
- 1-2 years related experience in warehouse, stockroom and experience with Fed Ex and UPS.
- Moderate to proficient PC skills using Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Competence to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to present information effectively one-on-one.
- Good computer, math and reading skills needed.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL ELEMENTS:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee generally works indoors within the office and manufacturing areas.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate or loud.
- The employee is regularly required to sit and talk or to hear.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.