Tamko Building Products, Inc.
Summary of essential job functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may also be assigned.
- Work with Safety as a top priority and actively support the TAMKO goal of establishing a Zero Incident Safety Culture. Abide by TAMKO’s Lock-out Tag-out Policy prior to performing work on any operating equipment.
- Ensure 100% environmental compliance in all work activities and follow TAMKO’s environmental rules and regulations.
- Provide primary support and execution of mechanical industrial maintenance to the roofing manufacturing lines and support equipment/systems at the TAMKO Frederick facility.
- Execute planned and scheduled work according to defined work plans utilizing technician’s skillset/experience as well as following known best practices and procedures.
- Perform and practice precision maintenance techniques to ensure long term performance of equipment, including (but not limited to): precision measurements, alignments, balancing, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance activities as assigned using checksheets and/or Standard Work Plans. Tasks may include lubrication activities, inspection activities, equipment cleaning activities, or fixed-time component replacement.
- Conduct component rebuilds as required for items such as pumps, air cylinders, valves, etc.
- Collaborate with maintenance, operations, and engineering personnel to resolve problems
- Maintain critical environmental and process control systems.
- Perform Industrial Maintenance activities as required, both as planned & scheduled work and as emergent production line support, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Work on an on-call status as needed – with occasional need to support on call coverage for holidays.
- Work rotating 12-hour shifts, including nights and weekends, and overtime as needed.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Technical Certification or Degree in Industrial Maintenance or related field preferred.
- Certified or able to become certified to operate multiple kinds of powered industrial vehicles such as forklifts and man/personnel lifts.
- Precision Maintenance or Reliability certifications preferred.
- Experience in Electrical System maintenance and basic troubleshooting up to 480V service preferred.
- Experience with MIG, TIG, and/or stick welding preferred.
- Experience with small crane operation, rigging, and hand signals preferred.
- Experience working in SAP or other Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) preferred. Experience working with computers and being comfortable navigating to and using common Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint required.
- This position has the opportunity for specialization to include Electrical, Rigging & Crane Operation, and Welding. Applicants with experience in these categories are encouraged to make it known as they may be eligible to become certified in these specialties.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
The physical requirements/work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to position himself/herself to operate, inspect, troubleshoot, repair, and/or or maintain heavy plant equipment. This may require climbing stairs/ladders, bending, kneeling, crawling, and/or stooping. The employee must be able to inspect equipment and detect equipment malfunctions, as well as utilize tools to repair and maintain equipment.
- The worker is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions. The worker may be exposed to extreme cold for periods of more than one hour where the temperature is below 32 degrees. The worker may be subjected to extreme heat for period of more than one hour where the temperature is more than 100 degrees. The worker may also be exposed to sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout to be heard above the ambient noise level. Hazards may include: proximity to moving mechanical parts or vehicles, electrical current, working in high places, and possible exposure to chemicals. The worker may be subject to fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, etc. There may be exposure to oils and other cutting fluids. The worker is required to wear steel-toed boots, hard-hat, safety glasses, and hearing protection.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan and other benefits.
This job description is subject to change at any time.ID:uDnQdo