Innovation Engineering Manager
Fishing Holdings, LLC
The Innovation Engineering Manager will oversee as well as directly manage marine Innovation development projects selected from many ideas to be considered for all brands of White River Marine Group. This Engineering Manager will lead a team of product engineers and technical support resources in development of marine Innovations that deliver industry break-throughs to respective brand’s value proposition and businesses financial performance. Reporting to Director of Engineering, this manager will work directly with WRMG product development counterparts and supplier partners to ensure the development process and performance metrics are achieved
- Leads Innovation engineering development teams with clever products by integrating current technology in a new way, or new technology, aligned with one of WRMG’s brands to deliver potentially exclusive/market firsts with WRMG owning the IP.
- Ensures the innovation concept will meet all component, system and complete boat compliance within industry standards
- Interfaces with engineering peers covering the rest of the boat’s technical systems, design and styling, and manufacturing groups during concept development
- Research new trends to inspire new innovations and communicate new development opportunities to cross-functional innovation team
- Works closely with program management to facilitate product line planning process for the potential innovation application
- Performs concept design verification before offering innovation to Product Leaders specific to the aligned brand
- Targets at least four validated concepts capable of production adoption per year
- Manages approximately 2-5 team members, and contractors
- Carries out managerial responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws
- Interviews, hires, and trains employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Perform other duties/special projects as assigned
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor of Science Degree in an Engineering field or equivalent
- Experience: Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in Engineering with experience in the marine, automotive or powersports industries that includes a creative mindset with a significant breath of Mechanical, Electrical and Software experience preferred
- Previous hands-on experience in product development from initial concept through to stable high-quality production, to include analysis of developing product specifications, benchmarking, completing product reviews, and managing a portfolio of multiple products in development
- Previous experience of developing and leading a high performing team
- Creative mindset with the ability to anticipate and create future trends (related to material, manufacturing technology, sourcing and innovations in all areas) and translate them into action
- Solid organizational skills, analytical and planning ability
- Understanding and application of key financial indicators to make better business decisions
- Lead cross-functional product development team working sessions for your products weekly to ensure clear communication and ownership of issues and all assignments are completed to schedule
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively at all levels of an organization
Full Time Benefits Summary:
Enjoy discounts on retail merchandise, our restaurants, world-class resorts and conservation attractions!
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Voluntary benefits
- 401k Retirement Savings
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- Bass Pro Cares Fund
- And more!
Bass Pro Shops is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions are administered without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Qualified individuals with known disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please visit your nearest location or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.