Inside Sales Associate
United Electric Supply Co.
Who we are:
United Electric Supply Co. Inc. is a nationally recognized, 100% employee-owned company that is a major supplier of electrical products, and advanced services for the construction and industrial markets. They offer a full range of electrical products and services with concentrations in industrial automation, building automation, lighting, wire/cable/conduit, distribution and control, data communications, electro-mechanical and energy solutions. With over 300 employees, United is headquartered in New Castle, Delaware with locations throughout Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, and Virginia.
Customer engagement is a critical piece of United’s success as an employee-owned company in the Electrical Distribution industry. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are biased towards action to join our Inside Sales Team. This individual will provide superior service and product information to our customers, ultimately resulting in the sale of our products and services.
· Sell to customers over the telephone, discussing with them their specific requirements, product information, pricing, and timeframes for product delivery.
· Perform ECLIPSE sales system order entry.
· Provide to the customer technical information received from within the company or from the manufacturer.
· Communicate with vendors to source materials and prices needed by the customer that are not common stock to United Electric.
· Solve customer problems including but not limited to lost shipments, damaged items, emergency needs, and billing issues.
· Collaborate with the expeditors and other internal departments to ensure a prompt, accurate delivery.
· Maintain product and industry knowledge enabling better communication and greater sales with the customer.
· Notify customers of sales and special promotions that may benefit them and generate additional sales.
· Maintain customer files as needed.
· Maintain Weekly Open Order Report.
· Keep up to date on all ECLIPSE trackers.
· Process Credit Card Sales according to company policies.
· Keep price overrides to a minimum, working with Outside Sales & the Pricing Dept. to change customer pricing in ECLIPSE system if necessary.
· Meets or exceeds sales budget by proactively seeking new business and participating in selling programs and promotions.
· Work closely with all internal departments, combining individual efforts to better serve the customer.
· Adhere to all United Electric health, safety, and environmental policies.
· Act in a safe and positive manner always, ensure that those around you do not put themselves or others at risk. Your personal safety is your responsibility.
· Complete an accident/Incident report for any safety and/or health infractions that occur or witnessed.
· Perform other duties as obvious or assigned.
· Working knowledge of United Electric’s Computer System.
· 2-3 years counter sales experience preferred.
· Microsoft Suite Proficiency.
· Minimum High School Diploma; Associates Degree or equivalent education preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer attractive compensation and benefits which include:
· Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· Disability Insurance and Life Insurance
· 401(K) and Stock Ownership
· Paid Vacation and holidays
· Educational Benefits
· Wellness Programs
· Work/Life Balance
We are an equal employment opportunity employer.