Inside Sales Rep, Product Support
Western States Equipment Co.
Twin Falls, ID
SUCCESS AT WESTERN STATES: Western State’s culture is based on passion for our Vision, Mission, and VALUES. We are fiercely committed to SAFETY and sending every employee, safely home, every day. We strive for EXCELLENCE in all we do and are proud to be a “play to win” organization. We act with INTEGRITY in each and every decision we make. Our People and TEAMWORK drive a fun and engaging culture. We are ACCOUNTABLE as individuals and as an organization.
JOB SUMMARY: The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for providing world class Product Support solutions to Western States Equipment Company’s retail customers. This role will require making contacts through direct and indirect channels to establish partnerships with our customers to ensure a world class customer experience with every interaction. This position will use a value-added approach, leveraging all the resources of the dealership to discover and execute Parts and Service opportunities.
- Actively cares, promotes, manages, and advocates safety at Western States. As a leader and team member in the organization, it is critical to ensure all employees, vendors, and clients have a safe work environment while adhering to all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
- Maintains clean/clutter free personal work areas to ensure safe environments for all WSECO employees.
- Adhering to required personal protective equipment (PPE) as identified in safety policy.
Sales and Client Support
- Promotes all aspects of the Dealership by selling parts, service, labor, Customer Support Agreements, and generating machine and rental sales leads.
- Employs sales tactics and strategies to sell the capabilities of Western States Equipment Company to existing and potential customers.
- Practices proactive account stewardship on assigned accounts, establishing and utilizing PAR values in Sales Link.
- Communicates with other team members to ensure a consistent, predictable, and repeatable experience for customers.
- Manages an account base in an assigned territory using the telephone as his/her primary tool. Employs a disciplined phone call campaign to qualify accounts, updates the customer’s complete account information, and begins to develop the relationship.
- Prospects customers that are currently unassigned and own zero to six pieces of equipment. (The customers assigned to an ISR are typically small construction, landscape and specialty trade customers. Although some customers may not have Caterpillar equipment, they can still benefit from product support services and offerings.)
- Qualifies leads and prospects effectively and efficiently to determine the proper channels and progression.
- Uses CRM tool to document customer information, leads, activities, problems/issues, resolutions and sales transactions cross departmentally.
- Responds to the needs of walk-in customers.
- Performs all sales functions and ownership of the transaction throughout.
- Analyzes all customer data to identify up sell opportunities and increase customer awareness of WSECO capabilities.
- Collaborates with Product Support Sales Representatives and other department’s Sales Representatives to coordinate service opportunities in assigned areas.
- Works closely with Service and Parts Department employees to insure a seamless transaction start to finish.
- Promotes and manages marketing campaigns designed to drive business into assigned areas.
- Conveys customer expectations to internal employees to exceed the expected customer experience.
- Adheres to all customer care standards.
- Actively cares and advocates safety at Western States. Adhere to all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
- May accomplish training and serve as a team member in support of Western States’ strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
- Works within to promote corporate vision, mission, and values of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Possesses the basic technical skills necessary to understand the scope of work and high level processes.
- Ability to comprehend, capture and interpret customer and equipment information.
- Excellent computer skills, proficient use of Microsoft Office applications, customer relationship management, and work management software.
- Proven negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Proven skills in written and verbal communications, planning, organizing, leadership and interpersonal relationship building.
- Must be able to work independently without supervision.
- Work well under pressure with ability to set and manage multiple priorities and adapt to changing demands of the work environment.
- Strategic thinking with exceptional follow through and coordination abilities.
- Ability to build rapport to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers resulting in loyalty.
- Must be an excellent collaborator, listener, and team player working well between all departments.
- Must be inherently curious and have the ability to ask insightful questions of others.
- Consistent attendance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Associates Degree in Business or related discipline preferred.
- Minimum 1-year previous sales or customer service experience required, heavy equipment or comparable industry experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record required.
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in English).
- Ability to stand for long periods of time along with walking, sitting, repetitive climbing stairs, reaching (including but not limited to above-shoulder reaching), repetitive bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. in accordance with Western States’ Lifting Policy to include amount and approach.
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this classification.ID:uDnQdo