Installation Technician – Level 2 – Critical Power
Concentric, an OnPoint Company, is a leading provider of DC power and equipment maintenance solutions to warehouse and manufacturing customers. OnPoint Group is a fast-paced and ever-changing company and has been awarded the Best Managed Companies Award by Deloitte and WSJ for three years running, as well as having been named to the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies list for eight consecutive years! We believe in challenging the status quo and finding a better way for our customers, which is how we have grown into the company we are today.
Our custom engineered power systems and maintenance solutions minimize costly downtime through forklift power solutions, mission critical backup power and on-site forklift and allied equipment maintenance. Our mission is to eliminate interruption in our customers' operations and allow them to focus on running their business.
At Concentric we believe that Our People are what make us great and help us deliver exceptional customer service! We offer industry leading Benefits to include:
- Competitive pay – Plus incentive opportunities and overtime potential!
- Full benefits package that starts day one – Includes medical, dental, vision, 401K with match, company-paid life insurance and disability coverage.
- Uniform and boot allowance
- 8 paid holidays
- PTO - FT Employees receive 128 Hours of PTO Annually
- Training and mentoring – Learn from our experts in the industry
- Advancement opportunities – 80% of current service managers started out as techs!
Link to benefits overview: Benefits
The benefits listed are subject to change at any time. Please speak with an HR Representative for details. In the case of conflict between the information listed and the official plan documents, the plan documents will always govern.
The Critical Power Level 2 technician will have at least 1-1/2 years’ experience as a Level 1 Installation Technician or equivalent. Install and/or remove infrastructure, racks/cabinets, non-powered or passive equipment and all associated labeling, or add/remove cabling and connections on non-working equipment only in central office/headend or cell site locations under the direct supervision of a Level 3 or 4 site lead at all times. A major aspect of this position is to ensure the highest standards of quality and service.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Must be able to perform all the qualifications of a Level 1 Installation Technician.
- Knowledge of Telcordia and TP Standards.
- Accurately run power cables to BDFB and other equipment.
- Strip, lug, terminate and fan out any cable.
- Understand what size lugs go with what type of cable.
- Understand what tool/crimper is used for what lug/cable.
- Understand and use color code.
- Assure installation is completed on time and within budget.
- Maintain a safe and hazard free work area.
- Meet all customer security requirements.
- Establish and maintain a professional rapport with Customers, Supervisor and Co-workers.
- Perform any required cable and installation testing prior to turn over to Lead.
- Understand basic battery types, network equipment, power plants, UPS equipment.
- Wire wrap and punch-down connections.
- Category 6 cable connections accurately.
- Read and understand basic installation drawings and specifications.
- Perform basic Midtronics/Fluke and other testing and reporting.
- Perform accurate battery strapping, torquing and marking.
- Understand what tools are needed for each job before job starts.
- Perform basic site survey.
- Accurately label all cables/equipment.
- UPS Factory Training on Powerware, Liebert, APC, MGE, ETC.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Performance Measurements
· A score card that reflects performance in areas such as safety, completion time for projects, customer satisfaction, and issue resolution.
· Management observation regarding attitude, diligence, team contributions, and willingness & ability to learn new skills and information.
· Other key metrics prescribed by Critical Power leadership, resulting in positive customer and Company impact.
- High School or GED Diploma required. Prefer an associate degree in electrical and/or electronics from an approved two-year college or university or very strong equivalent experience.
- Minimum of (6) six months of OEM experience or (2) two years of progressively difficult experience in DC power installation, maintenance, and repair.
- Minimum of (6) six months of related experience in Central Office installation environment, minimum (2) two years related experience in DC Power installation, including Power Plant and 12V and 2V batteries.
- Must be able to pass a background check and obtain an TWIC card.
- Must be able to pass a drug test, our technicians are subject to random drug testing through our testing facility DISA.
- Working knowledge of basic AC and DC electrical/electronic theory.
- Strong communication, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to organize his/her own work and work independently, with limited supervision.
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and with diverse needs, and across remote offices.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas (both written and verbal) to both internal and external customers and to listen effectively to customer needs.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong workplace relationships with an emphasis on customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments toward the greater good of the organization.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-changing environment.
- Traveling is extensive, up to 80% of the time.
- Must have schedule flexibility, as services may be performed during the evening or weekend.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to work overtime.
* This job description is subject to change at any time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to wear approved Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), carry tools; use hands to maneuver, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Employees must maintain a high level of self-awareness about their surroundings due to the high level of high voltage AC/DC power in the work environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work is performed in various locations, including data centers, refineries, power plants, telecom headends, hospital settings, with co-workers working side-by-side with a moderate level of activity being performed by co-workers. Exposure to high voltage AC/DC power is very common in many work environments. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
The Concentric Company considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.