Intermediate Heavy Equipment Shop Technician
Wagner Equipment Co.
El Paso, TX
Would you like to be part of a focused, dedicated team? Do you want to work and grow with other motivated, ambitious people?
Wagner Equipment Co. offers challenging career opportunities, extensive training and employee development along with an opportunity to grow your career and thrive under Wagner’s reputation for excellence. We offer excellent benefits and supply you with the tools you need to maximize your potential and grow within Wagner.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Plan - Up to 96 hours of PTO in your first year + 8 company paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Retirement Plans - 401K and Roth 401K , eligible employees can receive a company contribution up to 7%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- CEFCU- Citizens Equity First Credit Union - Employees have access to services include payroll deductions savings, accounts, loans, VISA card, and more.
- Additional Benefits include: Unum Supplemental life Insurance, Aflac Critical Illness + Accidental Insurance, ID WatchDog and discounted employee phone plans.
Pay: $21.00 - $31.00 per hour
Pay rate is dependent on education and experience
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Performs maintenance activities on new and rebuilt/repaired equipment
- Services and maintains equipment sold and/or owned by the company
- Removes, disassembles, assembles, and installs components and parts
- Tests measures, and adjusts engine and machine systems and components
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots machine and engine malfunctions and failuresMakes recommendations as to repairs meeting warranty criteria
- Orders replacement parts ensuring that parts orders are correct and complete at the time of order
- Cleans, repairs, reconditions, and maintains equipment and component
- Prepares accurate and complete inspection, appraisal and service reports, and turns them in on time
- Communicates effectively with Service Writer, Shop Coordinators and Shop Managers to ensure problems, nature of repair, and status of repairs are understood and followed up on
- Provides direction, training, mentoring and guidance to assigned service technicians
- Other duties as assigned by manager
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduation from an accredited technical school in diesel engine or earthmoving repair preferred
- 3 years experience working on Caterpillar Equipment OR 3 years in heavy equipment, engine, or electric power generation system repair (EX: Caterpillar, John Deere, Komatsu, Etc.)
- 1-3 years administrative/clerical experience
- 1-3 years customer service experience
- Safety Knowledge
- Reading/writing, reasoning, organizational, communication & math skills
- Caterpillar Product Knowledge
- Basic ability to search for and enter data into a computer
- Ability to type service reports
- Noise: Loud, Environment: Indoors and Outdoors
- Standing, Walking, Talking, Squatting/Kneeling,
- Use of Hands, Hearing
- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, etc.
- Heavy work that includes carrying, lifting and/or moving objects up to 100 pounds or more
Job Offers are contingent upon all required pre-employment screenings which may include but are not limited to background checks, drug/alcohol testing, fit for duty testing, and any other job-related tests/screenings
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Wagner Equipment Co. is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.