Intern (Summer 2023)
EMCOR Group, Inc (NYSE: EME) is a fortune 500 company and a leader in mechanical and electrical construction, industrial, energy infrastructure, and building services.
Backed by more than 75 years of experience, the more than 300 associates at EMCOR Services Aircond design and deliver comprehensive, timely and cost effective heating, ventilation and air condition (HVAC) services, automation systems and facilities solutions in the markets we serve.
Job Title: Summer Intern, Smyrna, Georgia
EMCOR Group, Aircond seeks HVAC Summer Intern to support our Smyrna, Georgia office. Gain experience in the HVAC field. Under supervision the HVAC summer intern will learn basic tasks for HVAC Technician to include filter changing, oil and greasing, belt adjusting or replacing, cleaning of cooling towers, coils, evaporators, and condenser tubes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed:
- As an intern, the person in this position will work Monday – Friday minimum of 40-hours in a work week
- Through coaching, mentorship, and training you will gain knowledge to troubleshoot and repair commercial HVAC systems
- The HVAC Summer Service Intern is critical to our success in ensuring our customers receive top-notch service as it relates to the diagnosis, repair, and preventative maintenance of commercial and industrial HVAC equipment.
- The HVAC equipment you will be assisting with includes large and small rooftop units, split systems, chillers, and boilers.
- Ability to use the tools of the trade (e.g., multimeter, refrigerant gauges, charging charts, hand tools etc.)
- Install, maintains and repairs ventilation and air conditioning systems and equipment
- Cleans, adjust and repairs systems, and performs warranty service calls
A Day in the Life:
- Gain experience with HVAC commercial service: Under general supervision you will learn how to complete filter changing, check oil and greasing, change, adjust or replace a belt, clean cooling towers, coils, evaporators, and condenser tubes and learn how a water treatment system operates.
- As an Intern you are expected to demonstrate professionalism in appearance, verbal, and written communication.
- Participate in safety site-specific training.
What's in It For you:
- The opportunity to work on all types of commercial equipment and cutting-edge technologies
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth.
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives, and ideas to achieve our best.
- This opportunity begins early May of 2023 and ends August 2023
- High School Diploma or GED
- Currently enrolled in a Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration program
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR’s normal application process – it is probably fraudulent.