Intern – Undergraduate (business)
San Diego, CA
Job SummaryGeneral Atomics (GA) is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Undergraduate Intern to work in our Law Department at our facility in La Jolla/Torrey Pines during the Summer of 2024. The right individual will be a hardworking, detail-oriented, flexible and competitive person who routinely performs above expectations and has plans to attend a top law school 2-3 years after graduation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in supervised practical training and provides support to the Law Department
- Maintains files for corporate litigation and other legal documents, which includes indexing, maintaining a central repository, maintaining logging systems, and transporting documents between legal and business departments
- Assists attorneys in closing files for legal matters managed by the Law Department
- Performs other administrative tasks such as filing, copying, and answering phones
- Utilizes communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interface with all levels of employees as well as internal and external contacts
- Utilizes MS Office Suite and other computer-based applications
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Typically requires enrollment as an undergraduate student at a recognized college or university. An undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.6 or above or an LSAT score of 165 or above is strongly preferred.
- Must possess:
- The ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information
- The ability to understand new concepts and apply them accurately
- The ability to follow general and detailed instructions as well as organizational policies and procedures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to enable effective interface with internal and external professionals
- The ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Advanced MS Office Suite and computer skills