Inventory Analyst (Remote)
Wilbur-Ellis Nutrition, LLC
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Wilbur Ellis Inventory Analyst works across all four of our businesses to bridge the needs of the divisions and the contracts with suppliers, he/she plays a crucial role in working with suppliers to ensure delivery of goods to meet division demands.
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in supply chain analysis or a related field.
- Strong data analysis skills, including proficiency in Excel, SQL, and data visualization tools (e.g., SharePoint, Power BI) is a huge plus.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to explain complex data and concepts in simple terms.
- Detail-oriented with a strong focus on accuracy and completeness of data.
- Negotiation skills to ensure favorable terms and pricing with suppliers.
- Experience working in an ambiguous and changing environment.
- Knowledge of supply chain best practices, including inventory management, procurement, and logistics.
- Experience with process improvement methodologies (e.g., Lean, Six Sigma) is also a plus.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables Include:
- Data Analysis:
- Collecting and analyzing data related to the supply chain, including inventory levels, supplier performance, product and logistics costs, and production capacity.
- Using statistical models and data visualization tools to identify patterns, trends, and anomalies in the data.
- Developing reports and presentations that communicate insights and recommendations to stakeholders, including senior management.
- Process Improvement:
- Identifying inefficiencies and bottlenecks in the supply chain and developing solutions to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, including procurement, logistics, and production, to implement process improvements and track their impact.
Key Personal Attributes:
- Building strong relationships with suppliers, customers, and internal stakeholders.
- Communicating effectively with different levels of the organization, from frontline employees to senior management.
- Providing regular updates on supply chain performance and key initiatives.
- Attention to Detail:
- Ensuring accuracy and completeness of data by conducting quality checks and data validation.
- Verifying the integrity of information and making sure it is consistent with established standards.
- Negotiation Skills:
- Negotiating favorable terms and pricing with suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of products and services.
- Ability to Succeed in an Ambiguous and Changing Environment:
- Adapting to changes in the business environment and managing uncertainty.
- Identifying potential risks and proactively developing contingency plans to minimize their impact.
Compensation and Benefits:
- In compliance with all states and cities that require transparency of pay, the base compensation for this position ranges from $73,800 to $92,250 per year. Note that wages may vary based on location, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for bonus, vacation, holidays, health, dental, vision, mental health, retirement plans, and other benefits.
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager before applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed, specialty chemicals, and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over 100 years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, and a dedication to quality work, our customers, and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits, and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Follow our career social media accounts!
precision ag agriculture agricultural data analytics agronomy precision ag branded products wilbur ellis data analytics biological sciences SQL adjuvants plant nutrition agronomy precision ag agriculture agricultural data analytics agronomy precision ag branded products wilbur ellis data analytics biological sciences SQL adjuvants plant nutrition agronomy precision ag agriculture agricultural data analytics agronomy precision ag branded products wilbur ellis data analytics biological sciences SQL adjuvants plant nutrition