Inventory Clerk I
Fort Worth, TX
Position Title: Inventory Clerk
Reporting To: Operations Manager/PIC
The Inventory Clerk is responsible to record and maintain control of all inventory items purchased and produced verifying all incoming and outgoing shipments. Under general supervision of a licensed pharmacist, and in accordance with standard departmental procedures, manages accurate day-to-day inventory control responsibilities by ensuring appropriate products are stocked at all times and that all inventory is accounted for.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED:
- Moves received stock into designated inventory areas; ensuring products are shelved in a timely manner to expedite the filling of daily orders.
- Tracks and keeps accurate count of items on hand and utilizes these numbers to help create part lists to be used in the supply chain.
- Maintains physical inventories, cycle counts, ensuring proper stock rotation.
- General upkeep of the work area observing safety, security and regulatory procedures.
- Maintains an efficient and organized stock room/warehouse where products are stored according to specifications.
- Performs additional duties necessitated by job or as requested by Inventory Management, such as assisting with employee training, monitoring supplies, download temperature monitors, etc.
- Follow established SOPs to ensure compliance with Pharmacy regulations and third party accreditations.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma, or general education degree (GED);
- Preferred 0 - 3 years work experience in inventory control.
- Proficient experience in Excel.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ABILITIES):
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively prioritize tasks.
- Able to work well in both independent and group settings.
- Attention to detail, good organizational skills, and strong mathematics and computer skills are essential.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn and assist in other job duties.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, procedures, and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a professional manner with co-workers, shareholders, suppliers and other contacts.
- Ability to seamlessly adapt to changing priorities
- Consistently dependable and reliable when it comes to fulfilling job expectations
- Strong work ethic and persistence in the face of challenges
- Ability to effectively function as a team player.
- Skilled in operating a hand jack other materials handling equipment.
PHYSICIAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office and warehouse environment
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We offer the following benefits for you to take advantage of while you are here provided you meet the eligibility requirements under each governing program:
• 401k savings & company match
• Paid time off
• Paid holidays
• Maternity leave
• Parental leave
• Military leave
• Other leaves of absence
• Health, dental, and vision benefits
• Health savings accounts
• Flexible spending accounts
• Life & disability benefits
• Identity theft protection
• Pet insurance
• Sales Positions are eligible for a Variable Incentive
• Certain positions may include eligibility for a short term incentive plan
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.ID:uDnQdo