Inventory Control Specialist
Tools Inc. is an established tool and die, and metal stamping company in Sussex, WI founded in 1954. We partner with our customers providing them with innovative and world-class solutions in single-hit, progressive, transfer and deep draw dies, precision sheet metal stampings, and laser cutting. We pride ourselves on our quality, timeliness and service.
The Inventory Control Specialist’s typical duties include, but are not limited to: Verifying quantity of pieces ran on job from report to physical count, picking raw materials in ERP system used on job, verifying quantity of pieces finished on job on finishing operation from report to physical count, completing jobs in ERP system when finished, review closed job report for accuracy, physical inventory of raw material, finished goods, components or hardware as needed. Other miscellaneous duties as required. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
**Essential Job Functions
- Verify quantity of raw materials used on first operation to job traveler, ERP system and physical inventory.
- Adjust order quantity if needed based on first operation run of job.
- Pick raw material, components and hardware used for job in ERP system.
- Verify piece quantity of job after finishing operation to job traveler, ERP system and physical inventory.
- Record completed piece quantity to inventory operation and transfer quantity to finished goods in ERP system.
- Verify that operations are marked complete in ERP system.
- Conduct physical inventory of raw material, finished goods, components and hardware.
- Review closed job report for accuracy in tracking pieces ran and scrap compared to job traveler and ERP system.
- Develop and implement strategies and processes to ensure inventory levels are accurate and adequate for business needs.
- Analyze historical data and trends to make projections and recommendations on future inventory levels for each product.
- Develop and implement strategies to reduce excess inventories and loss due to damage.
- Update daily inventory logs and backflush.
- Assist Warehouse personnel in accurate inventory and location reporting.
- Identify causes of inventory count errors and recommend solutions to management.
- Maintain department database, prepare reports and/or documents.
- Follow established departmental policies, procedures and objectives, continuous improvement initiatives and safety/environmental guidelines.
- Lead, guide and train employees performing related work.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience inventory control.
- Minimum of 3-5 years in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong aptitude in the use of ERP and inventory systems.
- Exhibits ability to think creatively in order to devise best inventory control practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to multi-tasking and prioritize work.
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Manufacturing ERP systems experience and excellent Microsoft skills
- Ability to read and write in English and to count, check and verify numbers.
- Ability to perform basic mathematics.
- Ability to detect and report problems.
Tools Inc. offers great benefits, competitive pay, and a state of the art, air-conditioned
facility with an on-site fitness center
, a spacious training center
, and kitchen/employee lounge
Please join us in our commitment to living the Tools Inc. company values:
Integrity – The foundation on which we build relationships and trust
Excellence – Our customers expect it
Collaboration – We succeed in numbers, relying on each other
Innovation – Our creativity ensures our future success
Gratitude – We appreciate those around us
You should be proficient in:
- Basic Computer Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- Forklift Licensed
- Microsoft Excel