Inventory Control Supervisor
Italian Rose Garlic Products, LLC
Riviera Beach, FL
Italian Rose Garlic Products, a Perimeter Brands company is the category leading producer of fresh produce-based salsa in North America. We offer branded, private label, contract manufactured and food service salsa products in addition to a variety of dips, spreads and sauces.
Currently, we are looking for an Inventory Control Supervisor for our Riviera Beach, FL manufacturing facility. The qualified candidate will manage the inventory through a database and maintain required transactions on a daily basis to ensure an adequate control of all plant operation. Performs a variety of duties in accounting for inventory stock in the warehouse.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Ensure all materials’ transactions are done promptly and efficiently. Responsible for the inventory control of all internal and external warehouses and operations (3PL operators and HPP processing plant)
- Trains the warehouse and manufacturing teams to ensure optimal inventory control.
- Validate on a daily basis the inventory accuracy and develop the action plans to correct any deviation as needed.
- Provide analysis and solutions that will continually drive improvement with respect to inventory controls.
- Plan and execute physical inventories and cycle counts.
- Suggest inventory reduction: adopting lean practices, leads the identification of excessive and obsolete inventory items.
- Control the obsolete materials inventory. Proactively work with Procurement and Planning areas to avoid obsolete items when products/materials are discontinued or changed.
- Track the materials/finished goods shelf life to avoid unnecessary write offs. Prepare a weekly report to show potential issues and lead/follow up action plans
- Achieves tactical and strategic goals related to inventory management: working cross-functionally with all Managers (Production, Shipping, Purchasing and Scheduling) to ensure compliance with all business practices. This will also include monthly and annual execution of the physical inventory reconciliation.
- Manages inventory documentation: Ensure the accurate recording (receiving and stocking) with respect to quality, quantity, type, etc. of inventory so company has clear visibility of availability of parts and items.
- A Bachelor's degree in Economics, Business Administration or Accounting would be a plus.
- At least 5 years of related experience and/or training, preferably in an inventory control role
- Strong computer and other office technology skills
- Experience with ERP systems is required, such as Navision, JD Edwards, Oracle, SAP
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to stand and bend for long periods of time in a warehouse environment
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with budget management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications; strong Excel knowledge
- Technical Capacity
- Strong Team Player
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Customer/Client Focus
- Excellent Math Skills
Perimeter Brands is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, a health savings account and Company matched 401(k).
Our mission at Perimeter Brands is to be recognized as a successful and dynamic growth leader in the Fresh Salsa Category providing consumers with the highest quality, superior tasting variety of salsa products at a great value as compared to our competitors. Our values are based upon providing an enjoyable, safe work environment that reflects dignity, respect and prosperity for all employees. We do this through fostering a team environment and conducting business in the spirit of honesty and integrity, while promoting employee responsibility, accountability and empowerment.