IPTL PM Acceleration Initiative – Lead (PT, Temp)
El Seg, CA
Country:United States of America
Location:CA320: El Seg.-So. Campus Bldg E01 2000 East El Segundo Boulevard Building E01, El Segundo, CA, 90245 USA
Position Role Type:Hybrid
Our Global Spectrum Dominance (GSD) business unit at Raytheon Intelligence & Space has an immediate, temporary opportunity for a part-time IPTL/PM Acceleration Initiative Lead.
The ideal candidate will use their program leadership experience and learnings to provide insightful lessons learned, strategies and know-how to grow their mentees day to day. The candidate will be responsible for mentoring our less experienced program leaders as part of the GSD Initiative to grow and train our talent. This hybrid position is based in El Segundo, CA.
- The candidate will work shoulder-shoulder with their mentees and jointly support the daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly cadence on the program. Mentors will “silently” participate in key reviews and meetings with the mentees; they may help during the meeting if needed and provide feedback after the meetings.
- The candidate will collaborate on work products such as PPR charts, EAC packages, EAC analyses, Variance Analyses, etc with their mentees
- The candidate will be available to brainstorm issues and solutions with their mentees; mentors will guide their mentees through decision making to provide insight and experienced based suggestions.
- The candidate will form a partnership amongst mentors, engineering and program leadership; there will be monthly checkpoints with all stakeholders on what is working/etc and mutual agreements on any course corrections; if there are disagreements on path forward, concerns will be elevated to Engineering Leadership.
- The candidate will be assigned mentees for a six-month duration; expect 6 hours on average/week per mentee
You’re highly skilled in:
- 12+ years of Defense industry background
- Proven experience in program and engineering management
- Proven mentor/training experience within Cross Product Teams
- Good communication skills
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a security clearance
You’re a great match with:
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with proven ability to deliver quality products on-time
- Experience leading Engineering Departments and Cross Product Team.
- Demonstrate strong judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to flexible hours up to half-time (80 hours per month).
- Can start on day one with little-to-no training. Able to execute test plans with little guidance.
A University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 14 years prior relevant experience, or An Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 12 years’ experience Engineering/Other Technical Positions: Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 14 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a security clearance.
What’s in it for you:
- Raytheon Technologies ranked #2 on DefenseNews Top 100 for 2022
- Flexible work schedules, possibilities for remote work
- Our advanced sensors, cyber services and software solutions help provide a decisive advantage to civil, military and commercial customers in more than 30 countries
This is a temporary position of an undetermined length.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms