IS Support Tech 4
As the Plex Support Associate you will provide desk-side (on the floor) support for software and hardware running production. In this role you are expected to support the PLEX product and provide hardware break/fix for end user compute to support production. Along with IT Operations/Help Desk Issues. Provide customer service and work as liaison between different levels within the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
A PLEX Support Team Associate is a member of the PLEX team that assists operators with software, and hardware issues associated with the usage of PLEX. But also should be able to support and respond to general IT Help/Service Desk issues.
The tasks involved included but are not limited to the following:
- Troubleshoot issues with PLEX/IT issues when parts do not load, or error out for an operator, and either come to a resolution or escalate to the needed path.
- Assess hardware issues involving PLEX/IT issues such as computer, printer(s), and network connectivity. If need arises escalate via SYSaid ticket as well.
- The creation, viewing, troubleshooting, follow-up, and successful resolution of PLEX/IT issue tickets within Jira and SysAid.
- The aid in creation of a living knowledgebase of PLEX/Sysaid IT tickets. This means that the knowledge is updated when needed, and items that are no longer valid are removed.
- Work with Engineers, Operators and Techs in support of production demand by leveraging knowledge and abilities in PLEX.
- Walk the plant floor to assist operators in their needs and make yourself available for PLEX/IT issues and questions for assistance.
- Trouble shoot PLEX issues to include:
- Full jobs
- Label printing issues
- Depleted serial numbers,
- As a Level 4 IT Team Member of the PLEX Support Team should be fluent and accurate with:
- Duplication of serial or tracking numbers
- Tracking down of parts on the plant floor
- Correct work-centers being used
- As a Level 4 IT Department Team Member should be able to be fluent and accurate to support general IT end user and system support issues:
- AD account roles
- System remediation actions
- IT equipment setup
- Concepts around asset management and tracking
- Incident and change control management
- Display a positive attitude and strong work ethic that reflects the Mission and Core Values of Silfex.
- Create and maintain a culture where workplace safety is part of everything we do. Provide the safest possible workplace to our employees by modeling and following all company safety policies, reporting any incidents or unsafe conditions immediately to Silfex management. Wear all PPE as required by work area or job function.
- Communication – Begin with the end in mind – Communicate boldly as well as effectively with empathy and respect to inspire teamwork and collaboration vertically and horizontally within Silfex.
- Assist in applying lean manufacturing concepts and 5S. Demonstrate ownership of continuous improvement ideas and activities. Maintain organization and cleanliness, housekeeping and 5S within work area. Maintain these areas at the highest degree possible while responsibly escalating any maintenance issues.
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience with a high school diploma or GED.
- Basic PLEX or other ERP system knowledge
- Demonstrate a customer service mind-set
- Experience with help desk ticketing system applications like Jira and Sysaid
- Experience working with the manufacturing industry
- Strong communication and troubleshooting skills on IT topics
- Proficient with Microsoft Teams, Outlook and Office
- Basic information technology hardware and software support skills
- Ability to work effectively with team members to accomplish IT goals and objectives
- A friendly and professional disposition in all aspects of serving operators and other end users.
- As a higher level IT role, have good leadership and delegation skills for project and incident management.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and; talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The employee regularly is required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
1st Shift ID:uDnQdo